SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
445_doheny

Otto’s -Never say never!

4 years ago

We were out driving around, since there is nothing else to do, and we landed up driving by Otto &Sons in Fillmore. To my amazement, they were open! Then I remembered having read here that nurseries are considered an “essential” business.

The roses are about a week to ten days from being fully open, but there were many early bloomers. I’ll post pix in the next post.

Comments (12)

• 4 years ago

Unless specified otherwise, the roses are identified in the photos.

Here’s a view of (most of) the farm.

• 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Ok, this is the third time I am trying to post these. Sorry about my shadow.

They are putting in some formal gardens. Here is a line of bushes from that area.

I didn’t write down this one’s name. Can’t think of it now.

• 4 years ago

Still trying—

• 4 years ago

Those are beautiful!

Sylvia Wendel thanked joeywyomingzone4
  • 4 years ago

I feel like I was there!!!! Fantastic.

Sylvia Wendel thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • 4 years ago

Sylvia, you were in rose heaven. Thank you for sharing. Helen

Sylvia Wendel thanked bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
  • 4 years ago

Wow!!!! We still have snow...it looks so nice and warm there! I love Mardi Gras and Princess Anne the best! They're gorgeous! And I've never seen so many roses at a nursery! Unbelievable!!!

Sylvia Wendel thanked rosecanadian
  • 4 years ago

Wow..it's huge. Everything is so neat and orderly too. Nice setting.

Sylvia Wendel thanked erasmus_gw
  • 4 years ago

Thanks, all. Otto’s annual Rose Days are scheduled for Sat., 4/25 and Sun., 4/26. Lots of bargains and fun. IF anyone else in SoCal wants to go, we could meet there — masked, gloved, and ready to rumble! Please let me know.

• 4 years ago

That formal garden is going to be a beauty! If I ever visit California, this nursery is on my to-see list!

Sylvia Wendel thanked ac91z6
  • 4 years ago

Sylvia, thanks for the tour. My winter weary soul loved every sun shiny minute of it. The roses all look so healthy and fresh, but my favorite was the pic with the mountains in the background.

I wish that truckload of roses was coming my way, too.

Sylvia Wendel thanked flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA