SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
psyohe

Black marble floor tiles and what color for shower and countertop?

Peke
4 years ago

I posted this once, but it disappeared. I searched for my name and also searched my activities...

I have black, marble floor tiles with white veining and dark gray grout. The floor tiles WILL remain. Medium oak cabinets will stay. Wall paint color will be chosen after all else is chosen.

The floor tile and grout have not been refinished yet. They are very dull right now.

I need to buy a solid surface shower base (like Swanstone or Onyx Collection) and either use large subway tiles on the shower walls or use the same solid surface material on the walls.

Questions:

Should the shower base be black or dark like the floors or should the shower base be a lighter color? That is a whole lot of black. I would rather go with a light color or white.

Should the shower base be the same color as the shower walls if I use the solid surface wall panels?

Is it okay to mix a solid surface shower material with a light colored granite or quartzite countertop?

I know it depends on the pattern and color of the stone, but in general, is it okay to mix the two?

Help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Comments (3)