SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

What are we reading in April 2020?

Annie Deighnaugh
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I'm about halfway through A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute and am enjoying it thoroughly. I picked it up as someone had recommended his Trustee from the Toolroom and my library didn't have it.

I'm really suffering without any libraries open as that's how I usually get my books. I know I can use hooplah but I'm one of those who appreciates the physical book with pages as opposed to an electronic version. It hurts less when it falls on you as you drift off to sleep! :)

Our librarian was kind enough to drop off The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek which is for our book group this month and I'm looking forward to reading it. We're using zoom to have our discussions.

My library at home is full of classics that I inherited from my FIL, most of which I'm not that interested in reading as they can be so ponderous or you have to wade through all that flowery language...dickens, thackeray, hardy. But I did find Anna Karenina which I've never read and is on the Great American Read list, and now is a perfect time to pick up a long book.

The other option I have is to start reading the miles of New Yorker magazines I have stacked up around the house.

So what are you reading? How are you managing in this new world?

---------------------

As always, it's helpful if you bold titles if you can, rate the books 1-5 and say whether you think it'd be good for book group.

Comments (127)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville