SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liira55

Virtual Funeral

liira55
4 years ago

I watched my neighbours from my hometown funeral onlline this morning. Very sad. Only her 4 sons, 2 daughter-in-laws and 1 grandchild were in attendance and they were all seated 6 feet apart from each other. Here is a bit about her:

An incredible survivor of 87 years, she had a strong work ethic and a passion for the simple things in life. She faced the challenge of coming to a new country (arriving in Wawa) in her early 20’s and raised a family with amazing grace and revered independence, later moving to Sault Ste Marie to be closer to her boys. She was a domestic “engineer” and along side her late sister-in-law, Vincenza, they had prepared many special occasion suppers that were legendary in taste, quality and quantity. She tended to an annual garden that could feed a small village and was fiercely proud of both the flowers she cultivated and the effective home crafted tools that helped her gardens flourish – even once earning a beautification award from the city. The cold winters in Wawa allowed her to spend an abundance of time on another favourite hobby as a seamstress. She beamed with pride every time she told the story of how that skill came to be and the certificate earned in Italy at a young age still hangs on the wall of her sewing room! Her willingness to live life happily was obvious in how she infectiously smiled when she danced, sang and socialized with those she knew all her life and those she met in the later years.

Comments (29)