SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Do you have a funny inheritance memory?

Oakley
11 years ago

Reading Gold's topic about the rug brought back some humerous moments after our loved one's passed. Of course at the time they weren't so funny, but now I look back with laughter.

I have a few but I'll tell one I just found out about a couple of years ago.

In 1984 my dad died. Everything went to me and my brother, "share and share alike."

DB got most of the furniture & my dad's nice car, the model I can't recall. I got a loveseat, my first microwave, TV and our first VCR, a couple of expensive prints, along with a lot of vintage glassware that came from my grandfather.

What I treasure the most though are some of his college english books where he doodled in them and took notes.

Other than money, that was the big stuff. FF to 2011 at my brother's funeral. My DH informed me after we got home that my dad had a spiffed up 1966/67 mustang, worth a lot of money. I went "Huh?" DH was talking to someone at the funeral and the guy brought up that "cool car" my brother got from our dad when he died. He said my dad kept in the the parking garage. I had NO clue it existed!

I couldn't get mad. My brother had just died and all I did was laugh. But had I caught him during the time I would have ripped him a new one! lol

And then there was my SIL............

Comments (23)