SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coridae

Anthurium Fertilizer Help

Scarlet Olivia
4 years ago

So I found myself with a pink anthurium and poked around to find out if the miracle gro mist stuff I use for my orchids will be okay to spray on the leaves of my anthurium. I also want to know if what I did to keep things humid enough is okay.

So, basically I used old bottles, set the anthurium pots in the slightly larger ones and with 3 to 4 inches above the fresh water, let it hover over it. I also mist 2 to 4 times daily and I keep my orchids in a similar situation. The bottles have air holes and my back patio faces south with covering and they all are sitting on a table in front of it with grow lights above them.

Only one orchid is not in a similar situation, but that is because the bottle it is in doesn't dry out as fast, but gets plenty of proper drainage has plenty of air holes too. The smallest, its with the anthuriums, is a rescue that its starting to get roots. I spray the orchids with the mist twice a month, but as I said, I wonder if its okay to spray this plant with it too. When I got it I had to change out the potting media because as soon as I got it home it started to lose leaves. Separated them, got them a mix of large and fine orchid media and a small bit of potting soil. So far they are setting out new leaf spikes.

I just haven't used fertilizer yet. Help?

Comment

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery