SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenny_klis

Anthurium Plant leaf browning and burning -- need help to save it!

Jenny K
7 years ago

Hi there!

I have been off and on forums for about a month now trying to save my poor anthurium i have at work. It has been sitting on the window sill with the blinds partially closed for a a couple months now, but has been struggling for much longer. I have had trouble with the leaves turning brown and dying since I got it and repotted it. I used a potting mix of 1/2 peat moss and 1/2 potting soil.

I'm worried that I may have repotted it into too large of a pot whenever I water it thoroughly the soil will stay moist for a week and sometimes more. This has resulted in me only giving it a splash of water a couple times a week. I mist it every other day as well. I used to put miraclegro 2 fertilizing sticks in once a month but have not for the past 2 months for fear of the soil becoming moist. Basically every time i water the plant the leaves seem to get worse.

If i can keep the plant in the same pot I would like to try and make it work but I'm bringing it home tonight to put some new soil (same mix) in the pot. The first time i really packed the soil in and I'm wondering if that is affecting the drainage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to save this plant. Thank you for taking the time to read through my problem!

Here are some pictures, this isn't where the plant usually sits. I just set it there so I can bring it home tonight.

Comments (10)