SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrroarke

Looking for suggestions on how to best insulate an storage that is at

mrroarke
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Im looking for suggestions on how best to insulate a storage area that is attached to my home. My main purpose in doing this is to help regulate the temperature in the two rooms of my home that share the internal wall with the storage area. I would also like to put a freezer in the storage area and want to keep the temperature from getting too hot. Im located in Northern Virginia.

Storage area specs:

8’ x 10’ space on concrete slab – Ceiling slopes from 12’ to 8’

Shares one internal wall with the house

Unfinished – No drywall – can see the studs

Not climate controlled and no plans to do so

No windows – One external door

Can only access the storage area through the external door

Has an upper and lower storage area – upper area is access through a built in ladder

I do not care how the storage are looks. It is only for storage and that will not change. I don’t plan on doing anything to the floor. I will put up some walls if I add insulation just to keep the insulation from getting damaged.

Im no expert so suggestions are welcome. My original plan was to seal up any small areas that I can feel the outside air coming in with some canned spray foam then insulate the shared internal wall, the external walls and the ceiling with Roxul. I will probably put up drywall to keep the insulation from getting damaged. No plans to finish the drywall.

Apologies for the poor drawing. Im no artist.

Odd. When i upload the picture it rotates? I uploaded straight from my laptop. Not sure why it is rotating.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider