SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_222847334

Painting kitchen cabinets in log home

HU-222847334
4 years ago

Hi all!

I need your help. I would like to paint (or maybe not?) my kitchen cabinets. My house is a log home, with the obvious wood everywhere. I am afraid that painting will take away the rustic feeling and that I will end up with a kitchen that came out of nowhere in the house! When we bought the house, the island was already painted, too white in my taste, and it looks like it doesn’t belong at all in there. So I was thinking of covering it with natural stones (the fireplace in the great living room has those). But then I do not know what to do with the cabinets. Should I do the island and embrace the cabinet’s color (that match the logs) or choose a creamier color? I was thinking a sage green, a buttery yellow, or a beige. The problem also is that the countertops are a dark green (I know they are dated, but it is

a nice granite, in great shape, and I think green looks well in a log cabin)

I also read online that there is a wax called Briwax that people are using in their cabinets to darken them without sanding. Not sure if it works?

what would you do?

thanks so much in advance

sorry I did not want to post the last picture, but I am not sure how to delete it! The kitchen looks so messy in that one! 😝

Comments (44)