SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

Weird Raynaud's and Crazy Mice

Alisande
4 years ago

Diverting from the coronavirus for a moment, I thought I'd share a couple of odd things I experienced this weekend.

As many of you know, I have Raynaud's Syndrome, which clamps down the capillaries in my fingers when the temperature drops to a certain level (which it does, even this time of year, in my house). On Saturday I was cutting into a grapefruit when I also cut into the tip of my left middle finger. I expected to see blood, but there was none. The cut certainly looked deep enough to bleed, so I was puzzled--until I realized there really was none. My finger was cold, and from the middle knuckle up it was white. Bloodless. Several hours later my finger warmed up and the cut bled. How weird is that!

By the way, how are my fellow Raynaud's suffers doing this year?

The other oddity involved vitamins. I take a bunch of supplements, most of them at night before bed. A couple of nights ago I left several capsules on the kitchen counter, intending to take them in the morning. In the morning they were gone, but I figured I must have been distracted (not an unusual occurrence!) and taken them at night automatically.

When the same thing happened the following night I got suspicious. Either I was even more distractible than I'd thought, or I was sharing the kitchen with a mouse. So last night I left four supplements on the counter, including an unusually large (1-1/8" long) evening primrose softgel. I arranged them in a design just to see if they were disturbed during the night. This morning three of the four were gone, including the evening primrose! Left behind was the smallest of the bunch, a little magnesium glycinate capsule.

I think the image of a mouse collecting supplements in his nest is so funny. I almost hate to set a trap. I wonder if he has attempted to hoard toilet paper too.

Comments (36)