SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenc511

Weird Toys Your Pets Chose for Themselves?

jenc511
15 years ago

My cats have had just about every toy known to man (laser pointers, remote-controlled toys, anything with catnip, plain old mice, balls with bells, balls without bells, etc.), but I am constantly dumbfounded by what one of my cat has chosen as her favorite toy of all time. Lucy has forsaken all other toys for what is actually about 1/3rd of a ferret chew stick. My ferrets don't find them very interesting (so I never bought more than the one package and have long since thrown it away), but one of them decided to hide a piece of one under the couch, and Lucy (the cat) has been obsessed with this completely random object ever since she found it. I'm not kidding - it's really just a Broken. Piece. Of. A. Ferret. Chew. Stick. It doesn't move, make noise, avail itself to batting around or other typical cat games. She will launch full-on assaults on the thing, attack my other cat if she gets too close to it, swat at us if we try to mess with her stupid toy. This has been going on for over a year, and I'm constantly annoyed by it, because it looks like we have a small piece of something someone dropped and should rightly be in the trash right in the middle of my floor.

And this idiotic piece of "trash" is what Lucy uses as "home base" every single day. I like to blame it on toxins she might have been exposed to prior to being brought to the shelter. Sigh.

{{!gwi}}
Yes, this is what my cat thinks is the holy grail of cat toys.

Anyone else got a pet with a really random "toy"?

Comments (18)