SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolly

Gas and Induction Cooktop Combos (Namely Fisher and Paykel)

carolly
4 years ago

I love to cook, especially Asian food, and this typically requires high heat. I'm attracted to the idea of having both gas and induction cooktops (no ranges), but both of these must fit within a 36" base cabinet.

So I looked into the Fisher and Paykel 24" Natural Gas Cooktop combined with their 12" Induction Cooktop. (I've already committed to purchasing Fisher & Paykel as I love their design aesthetic.) If there are other good combos that are NOT F&P brand I would be willing to check it out as long as it can fit the 36" size.

My problem is that the F&P 24" gas cooktop only has a max burner output of 11,000 BTUs, whereas their 36" cookop is at 19,000 BTUs. I also haven't cooked much with induction before, and not sure if I could get the same max heat from it versus a gas stove.

Has anyone ever had this setup before with both gas and induction, yet with the lesser burner output on the gas to meet all their cooking needs? I wanted the best of both worlds with having a dual type cooktop, but then the heat output might disappointing. Here are my options:

1) 24" gas (11,000 btu) + 12" Induction

2) 36" gas (19,000 btu)

3) 36" induction

With an all-induction cooktop, my fear then becomes whether my electric bill will skyrocket (southern california). I cook quite a bit but not sure what the best type of cooktop for my needs would be...advice would be appreciated!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County