SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizatl

Miele 30 inch dual fuel M Touch controls or all gas Thermador?

lizatl
4 years ago

I'm over my Blue Star open burners and now the oven has died (yet again). It is about 15 years old, it was one of the first ones available, and it has had a series of issues over the years, including sticking oven door, ignitor problems, convection fan issues, and, the oven takes forever to heat up - like more than 20 minutes to get to 350. After much research, I'm looking at a Thermador Professional Harmony, with 5 burners. It seems like a solid gas range with a great telescoping rack feature. I also like the star burners. However, I absolutely love my Miele vaccum cleaner that I have had for 20 plus years, so I wanted to look at their range choices as well. I am normally a very low tech person for appliances - less gimmicks and plastic, less to break (or so I thought!). However, after seeing the Miele Dual Fuel with M Touch at the dealer, I'm kind of in love with it. It would require adding an electric line and a water line to the range, but I'm thinking that's not so bad, given the total cost of the range. I've looked at a lot of threads on the Miele here, but not many on the newer 1924-2 G model. I'm hoping they have fixed some of the issues like the ignitor clicking. I'm also a little afraid of the touch controls. Any advice? Anyone have the newer model? We love to cook and almost daily use both the stove top and the oven, including for baking. Thanks!

Comment (1)