SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nwrain_gal

GE 30 inch Profile Dual Fuel Range Puzzle

NWRain-Gal
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have been reading posts on this very informative forum in the past few months.

We are in the process of remodeling the kitchen (down to the studs) in our 1925 bungalow. I recently purchased, in a local closeout shop, a 30 inch GE Profile Dual Fuel range. They said it is new and has a 1 year manufacturers warranty. We have not had it delivered yet because we are not ready for it. Our kitchen is in the painting of the cabinets stage and we are currently having problems with our painters. We were not able to see the model number or serial number because the range is buried in a sea of other ranges. I will try to go back to the store and see if I can obtain the model and serial numbers. I haven't been able to turn anything up on the internet about it yet. GE does list one similar, but it has black grates and is no longer manufactured. I think this range may have been a floor model or an older leftover model.

Our neighbors just recently bought a brand NEW 30inch GE Profile Dual Fuel range from a big box store. The only thing I can see that is different is, the grates are black matte cast iron, the nobs are bigger and the oven interior is glossy black.
Mine has grey enamel-coated cast iron grates, smaller nobs and the oven interior is blue-ish with white speckles. Other wise the features are the same.

Does anyone have this same range as mine? What year is it? Model number? Do you like it? Does it perform well?

On my neighbors range, when the burners are on, they makes a loud hissing sound. I have never had a gas range, always had electric. Is this normal? Will it dissipate the longer the burner is on? I have cooked on gas ranges before while on vacation, but they were pretty silent while the burners were on.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. NWRain-Gal

Comments (3)