SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
censalata

Window Treatments Suggestions for 107+" Windows

Christina
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Design suggestions for living room west-facing 107" wide window, living room 114" wide south-facing slider/window combo and office 107" west-facing window? 84" height on all. I'm entertaining all options.

Pinch pleat curtains were used by previous owners. Both the 107" windows have baseboard heaters underneath and I notice the drapes interfere with the heat flow. I got a quote through Graber (through Costco) that was $1,500 for pinch pleat curtains for just one window!!!!

I wonder if some kind of blind and valance would be a better option? I don't know what to do. Don't want to break the bank, and most of the time the curtains/blinds would be open for the view, but we also want something in case of privacy and to block glare when we're watching TV.

I looked at a bunch of non-custom curtain options through Amazon or Bed Bath and Beyond. The panels are only 50" so I'd have to get 4 and sew 2 together, which I can do...

Ideas? What would be beautiful from a design perspective and still provide privacy/glare protection?

Note: The blue carpet in the living room is not staying.

View of living room from above (114" slider/window combo on left and 107" window on right)

view of living room from living room (the office window is not pictured, but it is identical to the one shown here)

Comments (7)