SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmhall200055

New build...need help with bathroom mirrors, island lights, and knobs

lmhall200055
4 years ago

It's not a custom build- so I had a great deal of limitations on my selections. Here's the breakdown:

Kitchen

Light cabinets on perimeter- cabinets will have an extra beading in the square- gun metal cabinets on the island. The island is fairly large- probably double the depth of a traditional size but only 20% wider. Counter is the speckled granite shown. Backsplash is the glazed tile shown in horizontal not vertical layout. Sink faucet is stainless steel, sink is a greige blanco sink. Appliances are black and stainless steel (GE Cafe)....floor is LifeCore Gentling shown...interior door handles are black. What color cabinet knobs/island lighting will work? I do have seeded glass in a couple of upper cabinets- so thought I should continue that in the glass in the pendant lighting- I only have wiring for a linear island light.

The master bath has the black hexagon floor tile, black/white speckled granite on natural-ebony wiped maple cabinets, shower is the light porcelain tile with veining and the floor of shower is the small combo hexagon tiles. The paint throughout the house (and even ceilings) is Dover White...the builder was going to charge me 4k to choose a different color for wall than ceilings and I'm going for a warm feel- not stark white...the builder only gave me Dover White or Pure White (SW) as options...so our trim will be pure white and walls DW. I'll have two separate sinks in the Master- here's the tricky part- I really wanted black fixtures/trim on shower- but that was a 6k upgrade...so I've got satin nickel...if I hate it- I can change it out later- but wanted to spend the money elsewhere. I'll need two mirrors- what kind?? Should I still put black on them to bring out the floor? Or go with maple to bring out the wood in cabinets? Or go with circular/rectangle? The bathroom just has double sinks with a lower knee space vanity between them and a small window above that. The maple shown in the picture below is our cabinet- but it's natural- we have a low glaze on it which brightens it just a smidge.

So, if all my faucets/lighting fixtures are in nickel- should my knobs be nickel in the bathrooms? Or can I get by with black knobs in the bathrooms and kitchen? Or use different for bathroom/kitchen? The doorknobs are black- interior doors are 8 foot white...I plan on using a few of these colors below for accent colors in the media room/laundry/office and one bath...

Hope I made sense, my brain is fatigued from looking at so many options...the hardwood will be throughout house except in the 3 extra bedrooms/closets- the laundry gets the hex tile, and MBR/office is hardwood/ here's a picture of my brick that will also be on our back and front patios...if that makes a difference...

Thanks for any help!! Was thinking of black knobs like these...

Comments (8)