FIND PROFESSIONALS
SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
stephanie_koutsodendris

Has anyone bought a couch from Maidenhome?

Please let me know if you have bought a couch from Maidenhome. I am considering purchasing one but I am worried since you can't see it before you buy it. Is the quality good? Are you happy with your purchase? Is the couch comfortable? Thanks!

Comments (22)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Comfort is a personal thing and IMO you never buy chairs or sofas without sitting in them. I have no idea about this company . Is there some reason you can’t go shopping for furniture? Every company tells you how great they are so without real experience who knows .

• Stephanie Koutsodendris
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you!

• mmydesign
    2 years ago

have a couple maiden home pieces and could not be more pleased. Love supporting their story and they are the real deal! I feel like we got furniture that would cost a multiple of what we paid at some designer showroom!

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    2 years ago

I hope everyone understands that Maiden Home is a retailer, not a manufacturer. So they will markup the manufacturers price as with any retailer verses purchasing directly from the manufacturer.

• MGAL
    last year

I am also looking at Maiden Home — which sofa are you thinking of? I am looking at the Carmine or Warren. It’s the only company I haven’t seen horrific issues being mentioned but then again some reviewers seem concerned that opinions are biased. Please let me know what you find out? Love your surname ❤️

• Xty G (z4)
    last year
    last modified: last year

Stephanie, Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures!

• alleda
    last year

@Stephanie Koutsodendris This looks absolutely lovely! I have chosen The Warren from Maiden Home but just in the process of picking a fabric. I would like lighter, like yours, but I'm nervous. Which fabric do you go with? TIA!

• Stephanie Koutsodendris
    Original Author
    last year

Hi! I went with the performance linen oyster color. I am really happy with it and how the color turned out. I ordered the sample and tested it before too and it held up well in stain tests.

• chloebud
    last year
    last modified: last year

alleda, If it's any more help, there's some info on a Maiden Home sofa in this link. Though a different style sofa, it looks like the blogger in the link also got the oyster color and performance linen Stephanie mentioned.

https://www.thelilypadcottage.com/2019/03/white-sectional-sofa-and-navy-accent-chairs.html

• alleda
    last year

Thank you so much!

• chloebud
    last year

I like her blue chairs with the sofa, too. That whole lake house is so pretty!

• Xty G (z4)
    last year

Stephanie, can you talk about the back cushions on the Warren? The Maiden Home website doesn’t mention what the fill is. Is it loose polyfill, a down blend, or Dacron wrap around foam? Do they hold their shape well? And are the seat cushions supportive but soft? Thanks!!

• eetaylor33
    last year

Hi Stephanie,

Looks great. Thank you for posting. Could you tell me the size? Is it the 105"x105" or 98"x98? Thank you.

• Christina Owen
    11 months ago

@JK thanks, I ordered the Jasper Leather ottoman from Interior Define I should get that in September. I also got two Jason Wu chairs from there in Sapphire Velvet. Still on the hunt for side tables. 🙂

• MICHAEL SCANDIFFIO
    6 months ago

Can anyone comment on the Downing Chairs from Maiden Home?

• charlievicker
    5 months ago

Curious about the durability of the Maidenhome sofa’s seat cushions and back cushions. Are they still firm and have they held their shape after a year or more of use?

So many of the sofas available now arrive looking great and within a year have lumpy backs and permanently dented seats.

What do I look for to avoid this problem? Maidenhome has 8way hand tied sofas. Will that solve the issue? What do you look for?

I loved my old Hancock and Moore and am looking for that type of comfort in a more modern and sleek sofa like the Maidenhome Varick.

• Melissa Rodriguez
    12 days ago

I ordered a Varrick from Maiden Home and I'm thoroughly disappointed with customer service and logistics. How is it possible that a couch takes 5 weeks from the date of completion to get to me? Unreal... then when I call customer service they all give me the same canned political response. I need answers, Not the white glove service reply that I could care less about. I just need to know where my couch is....

And how is it that they wont disclose who is the maker of their couches in North Carolina??? Does anyone else find that strange?

• A M
    12 days ago

@Melissa Rodriguez Maiden Home's shipping partners and logistics are a disaster. My couch sat in Houston waiting to be delivered for almost 8 weeks. And I was given only one day as an option for delivery. I imagine if I was not available on that one day it may have taken another 4-8 weeks. Maiden Home's customer service was pleasant but ineffective in being able to do anything to assist with the delivery scheduling. I was planning to order several items from MH, but decided to just order a small Jones as a test run on quality and service, and now am not rushing to order anything more based on the experience. It is unfortunate that the "final mile" is such a disappointment since that is essentially the last interaction and what you will remember more than anything. Yes, it is a pandemic and there have be all kinds of delays with everything, but 8 weeks to travel 350 miles makes no sense.

• charlievicker
    11 days ago

I bought the Varick. Be warned it looks and sits like true vintage size/ even children’s furniture. I contacted customer service about the size and problems with the cushions sinking. While they responded promptly, their resolution was an insulting lesson on fluffing pillows. It wasn’t until I threatened to write a negative review that they offered a return for exchange option…. I too waited forever for the sofa and it fits our space well enough, so I decided to just keep it rather that wait another 6-8 weeks for another one of their sofa options. Too bad. Next time, I’ll buy in person.

On the bright side, their performance velvet fabric is lush and easy to maintain.

• charlievicker
    11 days ago

No gates