SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grace_carroll47

The "I don't have room" rose wishlist....

Grace Carroll Zone 10a
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I don't have enough room (money, energy, sanity...) for an endless rose garden, but if I did...

My someday swoon list:

cardinal de richelieu rose: the color! where are my smelling salts?!? THE COLOR! I don't plant once-bloomers since space in my yard is at such a premium, but, I should probably make exceptions....

Ascot: I can only DREAM of such lusciously round globes of packed crimson, I mean Ascot just looks ...bodacious!

Dainty Bess: ahhh sweet innocence, in another life I'll have a garden of all singles. There is something so enchanting to me about single roses.

White Wings: Again, breath-taking single. I hear her blooms are huge, which is so fun for a single....and that contrasting stamen eye. BLISS!

Dixieland Linda (sorry not all of these are antiques): I have too many apricot beauties already but i always want more, especially ginormous apricot beauties like this. She looks to me like a plump lovechild between just joey and crown princess margaret.

Bubble Bath: It's not her looks but the lore of her scent that makes me want her so bad...I've heard marvelous tales of wafting ....SWOON

Lavender Pinocchio: I am so intrigued by her coloring....brown-toned lavender excites me because they flirt so CLOSELY to being ugly - like the tan of a fading brown bloom - but somehow they swoosh right past ugliness and climbs past it towards magnificence instead...a magic trick of lavender that is pulled off in distant drums and koko loko as well.

William's Double Yellow: fat droplets of liquid sunshine. Oh my.

Vol de Nuits: Rogue valley says "This is the lavender of a stormy early evening sky; a lavender with an edge to it; definitely not fluffy or soft." Stormy early evening sky? Be still my beating heart. Yes, please!!

Dakota Redwing: AMEN black purple crimson glory, AMEN! I could just stare at this color all day.

What about you?

Comments (34)