SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jordan_oleson

Idea for decorating very large statement wall?

jordan_oleson
4 years ago

Hello - my wife and I are stuck on exactly what to do with a very large wall statement wall in our house. We have kids - 3 and 5 years old - and right now don't really want bookshelves, things they could easily reach / knock down from the couch, etc.

I attached a picture with our current configuration (credenza, art desk and table over to the left are mostly left for the kids to get creative with - yeah, those are flashing magnetic disco lights for dance parties attached to the old chandelier...we'll get to replacing that one of these days). The only 2 things hanging on the wall currently are a couple of cute giant "filmstrips" with pics of our kids that my wife had printed.

There is a mirror on the floor in the middle that we've been toying with, but it seems to small to be a centerpiece for this wall (I don't know, maybe not?), and we're just sort of stuck with how we'd incorporate it anywhere else. We have decent assortment of various sized wall hangings - from lots of smaller picture frames to some larger pieces of art (nothing really bigger than the mirror right now, though).

We are admittedly a not exactly designers, and understand we're limiting ourselves with the kid stuff, but the blank space is driving us mad!

Any ideas???

We appreciate anything and everything from anyone! Thanks in advance!

Comments (15)