SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
two25acres

Have you ever been elated to leave a job?

two25acres
4 years ago

This is my last week in this job and I could do a happy dance. It's been a stressful past couple of weeks because the agent selling the business has been putting pressure on me to do something that is both morally and ethically wrong as well as putting the new agent in a position that puts him in a non compliant position that could get him fired. I'm in the insurance business, my boss is retiring and selling the agency and as a result my position is being eliminated. I'm good with it. I have hated this atmosphere and the creamatorium next to us. The furnace is currently running and will be for the remainder of the day depending on the size of the deceased. Crematorium specializes in obese people. Anyway, getting back to the moral issue, I stuck to my guns and didn't give in. I know the selling agent was putting pressure on me to do what he was asking because his back was against the wall in the sale process. I needed to stick to my guns and risk making an enemy. I don't think I did make an enemy of him, I told him what he asked me to do was wrong and that I understood why he did it. He hasn't apologized but that's just the type of person he is. I needed to keep my 22 year work history with this company clean as I don't know that I won't be back in another agency or perhaps partner with another agent down the road. I'm looking forward to a break in between whatever job I take in the future. I've been with this agent 4 years and haven't had a vacation since starting here. I need a break.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals