SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Have you ever been a recipient of...

Kathsgrdn
12 years ago

a random act of kindness?

I was wondering this the other day after reading about the post of someone being duped into giving money to someone. There are quite a few times that someone has done something really nice for me.

Years ago a lady returned my purse when I left it on top of my car at the Tucson zoo. How I managed that I'll never know-lol. I can't even blame it on old age because I was in my early 20s. She found my military id and brought it to the front gate.

A few months ago the owner of the lawn care company who does my lawn work from time to time paid $2.00 for a plate change for me. I got a regular KY plate from the car dealership but wanted my old veteran plate on my new car. Unfortunately the credit card machine was down that day so I couldn't use my debit card. Had no cash on me, so I would have had to walk or drive to the bank up the road from where we were and come back. Not a big deal but he insisted on paying for it to save me from doing that. If it was more than $2.00 I would have said no.

Then a little while after that someone in Starbucks ahead of me in the drive-thru paid for my coffee.

I keep meaning to do that for someone else but I always forget, until I'm sitting here thinking about it.

Comments (16)