Portable photo scanner that saves to flashdrive?
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (9)
Related Discussions
What all can a netbook do
Comments (14)often times you will have to ask for their free wifi code, even though it is free they want to make sure only their customers are uisng the free wifi, not all do that but I have been at a few that did. But other than that yes you just turn on the wifi antenna switch on the netbook and it will search for any available networks and show them to you in a list it will say if they are secured or unsecured, you can not access a secured one with out a password. For example mine here at home is secured so when my family comes to visit I have to give them my wifi access code to enter in their laptop so they can then use my wifi. Usually DSL come with a modem, which has several places in it to add some extra lines so all you would need is just another one of the ethernet cables like the one that goes from your modem to your desktop pc and plug that in from the back of the modem into your netbook so you can use the dsl you currently have. NO there is no additional charge when you add another pc. I agree that you will be able to use your netbook a lot more if you bought yourself a wifi router to plug into that modem, then you could use your netbook wirelessly anywhere in your house. I picked mine up at walmart....See MoreMy New Toy
Comments (8)I purchased 8.5x11 photo paper so I can print photos. I have colored construction paper for printing cute cards. Business cards and return address labels. Get a 3-hole punch for printing recipes & putting in a binder. Now don't forget to go on Ebay and buy extra ink cartridges for this thing. Have fun with it! And yes....an mp3 player is sooooooooooo worth it. The black Friday sales should provide one for about $10, 2mp. You can download lots of free music on the internet......See MoreWorking Towards a Paperless Home
Comments (36)such a mix here; I think we are in a transitional phase. Much like the choice to keep and read "real" books instead of digital. Probably the best is to just figure out what works for you; what you need to keep; what you want to keep; what makes sense to be digital and how much you trust digital v. paper I keep financial records -- credit card stuff, insurance papers, receipts for car repairs, original car title (you need that in paper form if you sell it), credit reports; also a lot of stuff from the purchase of my house, including all the covenants, easements, deeds, etc. even though they are online; appliance and electronic repairs and manuals; lots of landscaping stuff--receipts and resources because I like to refer to them; personal papers such as a family tree and diplomas; ONE box of my kids' childhood stuff, hard copies of my taxes as well as digital; my cats' medical records and county licenses, receipts for home improvement and furnishings . . . sounds like a lot, but it's five smallish plastic file boxes. Yeah, there are things in there I could probably scan. I might, but I scan stuff constantly all day so really don't want to do that at home!...See MoreTime to share old photos again
Comments (31)I'm another who really enjoys the old photos. And, I really need to do something about preserving my collection. My late husband and I have been the 'family historians' on both his and my side of the family, I have photos that date back into the 1800's. This is my maternal Grandmother, circa late 1890's, I think. She passed away in the 1920's, before I was born. And here is my paternal Grandmother, circa late 1800's, not sure of exact date of her death, probably between 1900 & 1905 or so. And here are my paternal grandparents with a baby girl that passed away at a very young age. I believe this picture was taken before my Dad was born in 1900. I had never heard anything about this child, until I came across this photo a few years ago. And of course, it was too late to ask my Dad about it. Rusty...See More- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

ORGANIZINGWhat to Know About Digitizing Your Photos
You can do it yourself with a scanner or smartphone app, or hire a mail-in service or local pro to do it for you
Full Story
DISASTER PREP & RECOVERYHow to Save What’s Priceless When Disaster Strikes
Your careful planning before and your response after a fire or flood can help protect irreplaceable photos and heirlooms
Full Story
TRENDING NOWThe 10 Most Popular Home Office Photos of 2020
Discover great ideas for creating a functional and stylish work area in the comfort of your home
Full Story
ORGANIZINGHelp for Whittling Down the Photo Pile
Consider these 6 points your personal pare-down assistant, making organizing your photo collection easier
Full Story
HOME OFFICESNew This Week: 3 Home Offices That Know How to Work It
We look at the designers’ secrets, ‘uh-oh’ moments and nitty-gritty details of 3 great home offices uploaded to Houzz this week
Full Story
HOME OFFICESPaperless Home Offices Show Reams of Style
If pesky piles of paper are ruining your interior design — not to mention a forest or two — it may be time to take the paperless plunge
Full Story
HOME OFFICES9 Hacks for a Clutter-Free Home Office
Use these clever ideas to transform a chaotic study into one that’s more conducive to working
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGDownsizing Help: How to Edit Your Belongings
Learn what to take and what to toss if you're moving to a smaller home
Full Story
ORGANIZINGGet Organized: Are You a Piler or a Filer?
Tote out the bins and baskets and learn how to be an organized piler if file cabinets leave you cringing
Full Story
DECLUTTERING9 Exit Strategies for Your Clutter
How to efficiently — and regularly — rid your home of the things you don’t want
Full Story
Elizabeth