SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missi_rogge

Kitchen & pantry--same or different counters/cabinets.

Missi (4b IA)
4 years ago

We're moving now on the pantry and kitchen redo, and now that we are, I want to get as much stuff ready to go as possible so there's no hold up on *my* part that slows the work down. I am a chronic over thinker/worrier that never thinks I can get it right and not second guess myself.

The kitchen/dining area are connected in one big room. The "pantry" has a pass thru into the dining side of the kitchen, and there is an open door way into the pantry as well. So, kind of connected, kind of not. Originally I'd planned to have both places be the same-cabinets, counters, etc, and the plan was SW Agreeable Gray walls, navy cabinets, gold hardware. Walls are painted, floor is in, navy cabinets are in, so I've been looking at counters...and now I'm wondering some things-

Do the cabinets/counters need to be the same in both areas? Same cabs, different counters or vice versa? Or each room it's own cab/counter combo?

I have pictures on my phone of two counters we like, both are laminates. Formica River Gold, and Formica White 949 sp, which has sort of "lines" sculptured across. The other cabinet color I'd thought to go w/before we started was along the lines of a light teal/aqua color. I figured navy would be more neutral and easier to live w/in both rooms for a long time, as opposed to getting sick of it after a while. The last couple days I've been wondering about doing each room a little different. If that's going to look dumb, then I don't want to do it.

This is the sculpted white Formica

This is along the lines of the other color cabs I was considering. They would be in the kitchen, and it would be only lowers, no uppers, and two tall 18" deep cabinets.

The other pictures are on my phone and I'll have to add to this.

Comments (2)