SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annettacm_gw

Two toned cabinet with two different counters?

annettacm
11 years ago

Okay, I'm wanting to redo my kitchen. Here is a picture of what it currently looks like:

I'd like to make the island a dark maple or cherry.

For the perimeter cabs, I'd like to keep the white (though they would painted cabs, not thermofoil like we currently have) but keep the base cabinets a dark color like the island... so a two toned kitchen. If I do that, is it too much to have two different color countertops? A Giallo Ornamental-like granite for the island and something subdued, like black for the perimeter? Or am I mixing too much?

The other option is to have white cabs on everything except the island, and then do two countertop colors.

My third option is to do a two-tone mix with dark island and a lighter maple on all the perimeter cabinets, with the same counter top on both, but I think I tend to like two tones kitchen when it's white and wood, not wood and wood.

I know, it's all personal preference... I just really wondered if two different cabinets with two different counters would be trying too hard.

Ironically, I work in a kitchen remodeling company (selling faucets and tile), but I like to ask for opinions on here because, well, you guys helped me out in 2004 and have great ideas and pictures, not to mention comic relief . :)

Comment (1)