SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisymay85

Improper install of EVP flooring

daisymay85
4 years ago

Our subcontractors installed about 700sq ft of coreluxe engineered vinyl plank flooring in 4 bedrooms and 2 wet areas (children's sinks). 1st a 6 or 9 mil plastic vapor barrier is recommended by the manufacturer to lay down on concrete subfloor (also has multiple cracks) they used 3 mil plastic sheeting. 2nd the floating floor underlayment was placed upside down and it even had a large warning on the blue plastic side to install that side up. 3rd after the floor was installed they were incredibly rough with it. they didn't protect it at all ie., cans of dripping stain, heavy tools, screws, debris everywhere. 4th because of the sheer amount of scuffs and scratches they went over the floor with minwax wood stain in order to hide all of this (I didn't find out until after they smeared it all over the floors). Now I'm at a loss as to what to do. The GC is offering a 10 year warranty for labor only. However, what they have done has completely negated the reason we bought this type of flooring in the first place (waterproof, Phthalate-safe, Greenguard GOLD or FloorScore certified for indoor air quality, Lifetime warranty).

Are all of the install issues truly a big deal? Do we make them replace it? How do I get wood stain safely off the finish of the EVP?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21