SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeneric_travelers

Educate me: Choosing a full overlay frameless hinge

Jen K (7b, 8a)
4 years ago

I bought two brands/types of full overlay frameless hinges from Lowe's and Home Depot. I brought the original to the store and thought it was the same product (original hinges are from 2013) Neither worked. Apparently I don't know what to look for, dimensions to purchase the correct product. Maybe I don't know how to use the product? Offerings at the big box stores are very limited so I suppose I'll have to take this online but I don't know what to order

Thanks for your help

This is how the door turned out when I put the new hinge on. As you can see a sizeable gap. I adjusted the hinge the 'deepest' depth it could be sized to. Is it possible it wasn't installed right the first time and now I'm going to have a harder time fixing it? Note: all the household cabinets are installed this way and all wobble when opened. I've tried to tighten them but don't know what else to do.

This is the original hinge. I'm pretty sure the cabinets were stained in place and over the hinges. This one pretty much fell apart, as if it were older than 6-years old. I can't find a recognizable brand name or marking but the marking (the side that goes into the door) is a 'checkmark' or 'V' like marking.

The other side of the cabinet that is still working/intact

Comments (8)