SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

Long-haul flight "comfort"

User
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I put "comfort" in quotes, because of course it's highly subjective, and for some of us, something of a joke since it so rarely happens. I dislike flying anyway, but have need for occasional long-haul flights, such as an upcoming trip to the UK. I know we've discussed this sort of thing in the past, but products and technology advance, and I'm wondering if there's anything that you always opt to travel with to ensure your flight is as comfortable as possible.

Of course, being able to fly business/first on a transatlantic flight would be more pleasurable, but I fly on airmiles and didn't have enough this time to book anything other than the ol' "cattle call" coach, where the seats are too small and I can already prepare myself to feel cramped. That said, I want to make the best of the situation and do what I can to alleviate the discomfort while still traveling light.

Any tried-and-true methods for being able to sleep (or at least doze a bit) and remain comfy throughout a long flight? Any tips for staying calm when turbulents inevitably strike? (I've been on some horrifically shaky, bouncy flights, and I fear this -- although I understand why it happens and that the vast majority of the time it presents no danger ... I still hate it though). While I dislike the groggy feeling it gives me afterward, I might manage to convince myself to pop half a Valium. I'd prefer not to do that, but I also know how freaked out I can manage to make myself when the plane is bumping through the heavens.

Anyway, the post on plane wipe-downs made me think of this, and hope some will share some novel ideas here!

Comments (47)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022