SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knitsewoften

Help choosing flooring

knitsewoften
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We renovated, expanded our kitchen 4 years ago. At the time, I had a totally different style (dark primitive decor). as we were working on the kitchen, my style evolved into much lighter color schemes. The vinyl plank I picked was not only too dark, it turned out to be almost an exact match to my cabinet color and the installers did a terrible job, they layered the glue on thick and didn’t roll it. So now you can see half moon shaped trowel marks all over the floor in person.

Long story short, we are finally replacing our 80’s carpet in the living room and so I’d like to re-do this floor and the living room ourselves with a floating vinyl plank throughout. I don’t have a lot of different options because we need to stay below a certain price point. I am so afraid of picking the wrong floor again. Last time, the floor sample seemed a lot lighter to me than once it was all installed. Below is a sample of a few planks from a vinyl floor I am considering. I like that it has a rigid core, which I think will help hide the glue marks from the previous floor. Do you think it is light enough or will it still read too dark? This room doesn’t get a lot of light and the current floor sucks all the light out. my style now is more French country farmhouse and I use a lot of depression era antique furniture. Should I try go even lighter than this? I’m also worried if I go too light won’t match my old world look, or look strange with my cabinets.

Comments (2)