SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ami_matt

Large format porcelain tile kitchen floor with Taj Mahal counters

A McSo
4 years ago

We're selecting flooring for a kitchen that opens (not open format) to a family room with medium brown (provincial) thin plank oak floors and a large Austin stone fireplace (floor to ceiling). Cabinets will be BM White Dove/SW Alabaster, walls will be SW Accessible Beige, countertops will be Taj Mahal (perhaps leathered vs. polished), simple cream crackle subway tile backsplash, and Eleganza Absolute Nut 18"x36" large format tile ( http://www.eleganzatiles.com/absolute-milk-18x36-1913.html)

for the kitchen floor. I know people are doing wood flooring throughout (yes, it is beautiful), but this flooring will also be in a utility room/laundry, a bathroom, an exercise room, etc. We would like it to be wet-friendly and practical. Does anyone have any experience with installing and living with large format tile? Is it too modern for a traditional/

transitional house? I've thought about selecting a LVT/LVP 'wood look' for these rooms as well, perhaps in a herringbone pattern, because it is impossible to perfectly 'match' the real wood in the adjacent family room. Thoughts? Suggestions? TIA!

This is the before picture of the kitchen/Family room:

This is the 'after' picture of the Family room (not open format, but open to kitchen, which is not yet done):

This is my closest after many, many attempts to find lvp/lvt to match the wood floors (it's not close enough to install side-by-side, so we're back to looking at Eleganza Absolute Nut large format tile...

Comments (27)