SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_647860647

which of these warm white paint colors to pair with travertine floor?

V Smith
4 years ago

We recently had our living room painted Behr Exclusive Ivory. Now we're getting ready to have our entryway and the hallway leading away from it painted, and I'd planned to use Exclusive Ivory again. But I got a sample of it from Home Depot to see if a satin finish was what I wanted (mixed into a Glidden satin can because they don't have PPG satin, which is what the contractor uses, in sample size), and apparently the lady who mixed the paints doesn't pay attention to details, because I came home with a sample can of Glidden's Pacific Mist along with the paint chip card I gave her. I think she wasn't paying attention to the name on the paint chip card and thought it was Glidden's Elegant Ivory, and somehow that got turned into the Pacific Mist. Or something. I was in a hurry at the store and didn't even realize it wasn't the right color until I'd already painted the color on one of those clear plastic sheets that you stick on the wall for a sample swatch, and then I noticed that it was not the same color as the living room walls.

Now I have a dilemma, because I like the color of the Pacific Mist better with the travertine tiles. The Elegant Ivory looks a little too white next to the travertine. They don't look much different on my computer monitor but the ivory wall looks much whiter than the Pacific Mist sample. But will it look funny to have slightly different whites in adjoining spaces? The entryway is next to the living room but there's a short wall between the two. The living room is carpeted so it looks ok with the whiter ivory color.

Also wondering if Pacific Mist will look ok with a true navy (Behr Very Navy), which is going to be an accent color on the wall behind the built-in bench & coat hooks we're having put in the entryway. The built-in will be painted the same color as the entryway, so I want to make sure the colors look ok together.

Comments (7)