SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_673058570

How to add more natural light to my kitchen?

Kaitlin Bode
4 years ago

I have REALLY weird lighting in my kitchen. Theres a ton of windows, but none of them actually seem to reach the kitchen and light it well. I'm on cabinet color #4 and still can't find a good color that works with the lighting.

Attempt #1: white. Turns out my walls are actually an off white/yellow/tan color and it didn't look good at all

Attempt #2: Gray. In my weird lighting, grey pulls purple/blue

Attempt #3: A dark almost Navy blue. It pulled purple and lasted just until I bought another can of paint

Attempt #4: Blue. Went for bold and ended up decided on Behr's color of 2019 - Blueprint. It looks like a really nice color with tint hints of turquoise (or whatever other color that's kinda green). In my kitchen, it decidedly pulls more blue and looks much darker. Here it is (please excuse the embarrassing mess-this was after a full day of painting): https://i.postimg.cc/bwHthksz/IMG-0422.jpg I would even go as far as to say that this is a good picture, since I feel like it's much darker and more blue in person.

I'm undecided on if I should paint my cabinets a more greenish blue, or leave the cabinets (I just painted them in October) and instead try to brighten it up with decor. I was thinking about maybe doing some white runners for the kitchen and a large white rug to go under the kitchen table. I was also thinking about switching out my current table and going for a round white or light wood table instead. Would that help? What are your suggestions for the space?

Comments (10)