SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanjeanremodelmachine

How to add touch of natural stone (preferably blue) in creative way?

Mittens Cat
4 years ago

I love natural stone (despite all the negatives), but our remodel budget doesn't allow for it in large doses. I'm drawn to soapstone (odd, as I'm not usually a fan of grey) and even more so anything with hints (or gobs) of blue. I drool over slabs of Azul Bahia granite and most other blue stone, but I also realize a little goes a long way visually (plus, DH strongly favors neutrals).

Looking for creative ideas on how best to bring in a touch of this gorgeous natural wonder into our contemporary remodel. DH is the Keeper of the Kitchen, so it won't be in a kitchen backsplash or counter. As much as I'd love to have a big slab of it in the master shower or as a feature wall behind the tub, I know it might be too overwhelming (especially since we are going pretty neutral white/wood for the rest of the house).

And yes, I know there's a ton of manmade materials that mimic blue stone (even a shower curtain!), but I have a strong attraction to natural stuff, so...

Creative ideas on how to incorporate a bit of blue stone without overdoing it? At this point, I'd probably just settle for an end table, but thought you Houzz folks might have better ideas. Thanks!

p.s. is this Pietra Cardoza stone really this blue IRL, or is it the lighting in the photo that makes it look so?

https://www.houzz.com/photos/hayes-valley-remodel-contemporary-kitchen-san-francisco-phvw-vp~187598

Comments (17)