SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Cupcakes....er......Pupcakes

annie1992
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

My small Princess in Training has so much faith in me, she called and needs cupcakes with puppy faces, LOL.

She's having a late birthday party (her Mother had a hysterectomy with some complications just before Thanksgiving, and Madi's birthday is December 8, so it had to be put off. Anyway, she's having a dozen friends at a local art studio, they all get instruction by the owner and get to create their own painting. Instead of gifts for herself, she wants donations for the local Animal Shelter. Several of us have rescue pets from local shelters, and that's where her dog came from, so she wants to "help all the animals" she had to leave there.

So, off to the grocery to buy some dog food for my donation, and then I started baking. I ended up with chocolate chip cupcakes, decorated like poodles, sheepdogs and labradoodles. The poodle was my favorite:

To be continued, as I can only post one picture to start a thread.....

Annie

Comments (26)

• plllog
    4 years ago

Annie, those are adorable! I'm sure the P-i-T will be thrilled.

You really are the magical grandmother from the storybooks.

• arkansas girl
    4 years ago

Always so talented! These are adorable and so sweet to help the rescues! :)

• annie1992
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Magical Grandmother, plllog? Not that one that lures Hansel and Gretel into her Gingerbread cottage, I hope. (grin) I like that, PiT.

Thanks, arkansasgirl, my grandkids are all animal lovers, I like to think they get that from me. And bless her Dad, he's allergic to dogs, cats, cows, horses, pretty much everything, but his girls still have two German Shepherds and a house cat! They live in town, so he drew the line at a pony, LOL.

Annie

• Jasdip
    4 years ago

OMG! If anyone can do it, you can Annie!!! They're adorable!

• Sooz
    4 years ago

Absolutely darling pupcakes! And the little Princess -- how wonderfully generous she is to help the local shelter & I love that you're the Magical Grandmother!

• bragu_DSM 5
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I could swear I remember a certain Halloween outfit years ago of the 'magical' grandmum .... then again, mebbe not, I am getting old ..... *grin*

love the sheepdog!

• ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    4 years ago

Those are so darling! Super Duper Granny!! And bless your P-i-T for wanting to do something to help the rescue. Empathy is a most wonderful trait and I am quite sure she comes by it honestly!

• lizbeth-gardener
    4 years ago

Annie, those are so cute! And what a neat idea for a kid to want to forgo presents to donate to the shelter and the art studio should be fun and different. Have fun!!

• annie1992
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Bragu, there was a Magical Grandmother costume? (ahem) I do remember dressing as a belly dancer once at a party, but that was a long, long, LONG time ago. A million years ago, in another life, and I'm pretty sure there are no pictures, LOL.

Thanks, everyone. My little PiT does love the animals, and I remember bringing every stray cat in the neighborhood home to be a "barn cat". Elery says that when he sees cows he sees beef, but I see pets, LOL, so my girls do come by it honestly, I suppose.

She has such a soft little heart, and she was only about a year old when we got Molly from the shelter, so shelter animals have been part of her life for.....well....her whole life.

Wanna bet whether she paints a picture of her dog tomorrow?

Annie

• Islay Corbel
    4 years ago

Those are brilliant. You have such patience!

• cooper8828
    4 years ago

Too cool!

• shirl36
    4 years ago

Such cute and original cup cakes.

Your Grandkids are going to remember you forever as a “fun Grandma”......you just enjoy then now...because they do grow up and fly away.

i use to say funny little things to the grandkids. “Birds and children fly” was one. Well when oldest GD flew away and got a tattoo, “birds and children fly away” she had put on her back, as much as I am not in favor of tattoos, I guess she is remembering me. LOL

• nancyjane_gardener
    4 years ago

SQUEEEEE! So darned cute! We just adopted a little dog last Saturday and might try doing something like this for one of their fundraisers!

I wish I knew how to transfer this to e-mail or FB!

• Fun2BHere
    4 years ago

Adorable! I think the children will love those.

• ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    4 years ago

So how did the party go? I bet those beautiful pupcakes were a big hit!

• annie1992
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The party went great, and the cupcakes were mostly eaten. The shelter got enough food for the dogs and cats to mostly fill the bed of a small pick up. There were 12 kids and each got to paint a picture of an animal in the woods. Madi painted a howling wolf. Bud painted a sasquatch, LOL. I wonder what the shelter would feed a sasquatch?

The Princess is currently at her Snowcoming Dance, and the small PiTs are spending the night, as is The Princess after the dance. They're all having Unicorn Pancakes and bacon for breakfast, I've been asked to make "extra bacon", all that painting and partying requires sustenance, you know.

shirl, I know what you mean about the tattoos, I haven't quite adapted to those either. Of course, Ashley had her hair dyed "rainbow" and I smiled and nodded, but I was thinking "why would you dye your hair some color that no one's hair ever was"? She says it's "cheerful". Heck, I thought I was going wild when I started carrying a purse that wasn't black or brown, LOL.

Annie

• desertsteph
    4 years ago

I was thinking "why would you dye your hair some color that no one's hair ever was"? She says it's "cheerful". Heck, I thought I was going wild when I started carrying a purse that wasn't black or brown, LOL.

I'm so with you on both of those! no one I knew growing up (my age) even in HS ever colored their hair. that was for old ladies to do - lol! and yes, getting a purse in a real color (red green blue etc) would have been unheard of in my younger years. now I've had 2 purple ones!

• bbstx
    4 years ago

The cupcakes are too cute for words! You’ve got to please tell me how to make unicorn pancakes! My DGD is unicorn obsessed! I wanna be a cool GM, too!

• lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan
    4 years ago

Oh, those "pupcakes" are so adorably cute!! What a wonderful idea for a birthday party, and what a kind and generous grand-daughter you have to forgo gifts in lieu of donations!

• annie1992
    Original Author
    4 years ago

bbstyx, the unicorn pancakes were kind of "poetic license" in food form, LOL. I mixed pancake batter, added sprinkles and those little colored marshmallows like you get in cereal, griddled the pancakes, added a dollop of whipped cream with a little squiggle down the back of the pancake like a mane, strawberry slices for eyes and a horn made of a slice of pancake stuck into the whipped cream. They were kind of like unicorns, LOL, and well received. Bacon and scrambled eggs provided real food. (grin)

steph, I actually have a PINK purse right now, my daughters say I'm going crazy in my "old age" (I'm 64). They haven't seen anything yet, I might buy sneakers in some color besides black/brown/white next!

Yes, My girl has a soft heart and she says she has enough toys but the animals at the shelter need to eat every day.

Annie

• ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    4 years ago

I have a pair of bright red sneakers - and I wear them in public LOL. Love the unicorn pancakes. Will definitely be making some for GD some day. I still think you have one wonderful P-i-T there!!

• bcskye
    4 years ago

Those cupcakes are absolutely adorable and so is your PiT. You've had such a positive influence on all of your grands. It's a shame all children can't have a grandma like you. It will be fun watching Madi grow up just like we've watched the Monkey Princess. Keep up the good work.

Madonna

• Lars
    4 years ago

I'm very intrigued by the eyes on the cupcakes. Did you make those, or are they some sort of candy that comes that way?

I've had shoes in every color imaginable and many that were multicolored. I have high-top sneakers that are rainbow colored iridescent snake print Mylar. Fortunately, it is easy to find shoes like that in L.A. The first purple shoes I had were in 1981, and I had to dye a pair of shoes that I bought in a thrift store in San Francisco to get that color. The first Crocs I bought (when they just came out) were canary yellow, and I found them in Palm Springs. I've gotten criticized for wearing yellow patent leather shoes in NYC but not in California.

I love cupcakes and have new silicon reusable cupcake inserts that I have not yet used. I wish they were on my diet.

• annie1992
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Lars, I like cupcakes too, although I like them with not quite that much frosting!

My first Crocs were orange, like Mario Batali's, Deb sent them to the Canning Camp get together that we had at Sherry's in Three Rivers. Deb couldn't come, so she sent Crocs for everyone, LOL. The ones I have now are dark navy blue, I'm not really a very colorful person, as you probably noticed when you visited last summer.

The eyes do come pre-made, they are just hard candy and I can get a small bottle of them for less than $2.00. They come in different sizes and at Halloween I got a package that was bright neon green and yellow, for "monsters". I think Wilton makes them.

I planted your chocolate habanero seeds and they are on a heating mat, waiting to grow. I just planted them over the weekend, so it'll be a couple of weeks, probably, before they come up, but I keep peeking at them and waiting...

Annie

• plllog
    4 years ago

LOL! Not in California, indeed. At least, not near the coast. I did have a black purse once.. I had a brown one once too, but I don't think of it as brown. It was Mexican tooled leather, so I think of it as sculpted. The great thing about a bright outre colored purse (but one that looks good with your clothes) is that no one ever walks off with it after a meeting thinking it's hers. :) (Other people have black here, but no one is shocked by orange or turquoise.) I do have a couple pairs of black dress up shoes, too. :) My Crocs are reserved. Bronze. But my regular shoes are mostly pretty colors. :) Life's too short to wear ugly shoes!