SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hannah_richter7932200

1903 colonial master bedroom help!

Hannah Richter
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We moved into our 1903, three story colonial this past September, and I have painted every single room in this house except for our master bedroom (and the finished third floor which is going to have to wait! :) )

I am now ready to give our master bedroom the attention it deserves, but have NO idea what I want to do to it! For every other room I have had the exact picture of what I wanted it to look like, but I have no clue with this one. It is really unique, has four large, five foot tall windows, and gets amazing natural light during the day. It is currently a sage green color that I don't mind, but it isn't my style. The rest of our house is either SW Snowbound, SW Pewter Green, and our bathrooms are BM Salamander. So I'm a very bright and/or fresh style.

A couple notes, this bed is staying, it's new for this house, but our furniture will all be replaced over the next year or so.

I am leaning toward painting it snowbound and replacing the rug below the bed. What ideas do you have? I'm up for ANY ideas to make this space beautiful - I'm not afraid of an accent wall either. Any help is appreciated!

One other important note, the wall to the right of the bed in the next couple years will have two doors on it, one to a second story porch (which can only be accessed through a door in the bathroom), and one to the bathroom, on the second floor so the dresser will ultimately be where that bookshelf is right now (which is only there because it has no home!)

(ALSO - I did not hang those curtain rods, they were here already or else mine would have been above the window frame. These are all plaster walls so it felt safer to just use the existing rods.)

Comments (35)