SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_610085902

Thoughts on house plan for 6 bedroom colonial.

E S
2 years ago

I have tried for a year to find a prebuilt house in my rural hometown that fits most my family’s needs. But I have slowly realized that building is our best option. We have a builder and are close to having an approved lot under contract—so nailing down the house plan details is the next step.

We believe this 6-bedroom home (with a full size basement) would work well for our-work-from-home, multi-generational family.

https://www.eplans.com/plan/4140-square-feet-6-bedroom-6-50-bathroom-2-garage-sp181025

The stock basement floor plan is a partial, so we plan to have it drawn anew to accommodate a full kitchen and garage for my mil, as well as my hubby’s office. Also, the current plan is to use the first floor secondary bedroom as my office, but I want to build the room and bath handicap-friendly in case a family members need to be on the same floor as us at some point.

—Our builder suggested we work with eplans on these initial changes. Thoughts?
—I’d love feedback on the plan. Please be kind, but helpful feedback is great.
—Even better if someone has used/or can
point me to real photos of this plan.
—Or perhaps someone know the identity of the original architect? I’m having a hard time visualizing what som e of the areas will look like.

Comments (26)