SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desireecatalina

Window tint advice please: Vista and Llumar or Others?

Ziggy
4 years ago

Good news is this has has a lot of windows! Bad new is that it’s a lot of sun in the winter. Looking for some guidance and recommendations on window tint. Other shades or blinds are not practical for 20’+ ceilings on three walls.

I’m considering vista by llumar and regular llumar window tints (lifetime warranty if tints and match manufacturers warranty for broken seals). I’m looking for UV protection, reduced energy and glare. I love the light and I would like to keep as much as possible while toning it down just a touch. The installer recommended Vista ceramic v45 or v55. I think these might give too much color and tint than I’m looking for. I want the colors to stay sharp and crisp. I am looking at vista spectrally selective v61 and other very subtle tints that protect the floor, furniture and give just a subtle sheen. I want heat reduction but it is a secondary concern. Current windows are double pane and low E. I’m also talking to another installer who only uses global tints but is more expensive.

Thoughts? Advice

Comments (3)