SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

I'll show you mine/you show me yours - M 1/27

Annie Deighnaugh
4 years ago

Today is national chocolate cake day...

here's one I made for xmas a few years ago...

Comments (29)

• arcy_gw
    4 years ago

Happy Feast Day Angelas!!!!

• Elizabeth
    4 years ago

• lgmd_gaz
    4 years ago

My birthday cake from 2 years ago

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

arcy, I repeat, the purpose of these threads is to share photographs *we* have taken. Memes and pictures pulled off the net are not appropriate here. Photos we have not taken that are not credited are not appropriate here.

May I suggest that if you want to celebrate whatever day you wish with memes, that you start your own thread. Or perhaps take a photograph of your own to post here that represents what you want to celebrate. But just pulling stuff off the net is not what these threads are about.

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    4 years ago

I forget the name of this town in Oregon,but that is one big sand dune in the background.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Jim, we went to see the dunes when we were in OR...they're amazing!

• Lars
    4 years ago

Chocolate turtles that I made using a silicon Madeleine mold. They have caramel and pecans inside. I made the caramel using all cream and no milk. I also use no salt in these, as I do not like salty candy.

• OklaMoni
    4 years ago

What's left over after my 60th birthday celebration a few years ago.

• Michele
    4 years ago

My son requested chocolate cupcakes for his 19th birthday this past December 10.

ETA just like his mom! He LOVES chocolate!🤓

• nicole___
    4 years ago

Annie, thank YOU!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW! Moni...that looks like a yummy mess!

The rest are so pretty!

Chocolate with cream cheese frosting!

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    4 years ago

Requested volcano cake, grandson's 8th birthday, in 2015. 2 chocolate cakes (2 - 9 inch pans and 1 bundt pan), with chocolate frosting. I skipped the dry ice for the "smoke". but he didn't notice.

• schoolhouse_gwagain
    4 years ago

Three layer chocolate cake from a recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa box. Taken several years ago. I was just thinking the other day about baking another one.

• Adella Bedella
    4 years ago

This was done as a joke. Our dog used to eat crayons when he was a puppy. His walks produced some interesting color. My middle child who was probably around 9 at the time used this inspiration to create his own Play doh and crayon presents around the house. Anyone remember the kitty litter cakes with Tootsie Roll surprises? We recreated the Tootsie Rolls surprise and substituted Nerds for crayons. This was a unique, but well received birthday cake from a few years back.

• DawnInCal
    4 years ago

We picked up these cupcakes the other day. One was carrot cake, but the rest were chocolate. They didn't last long...

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I hate to say what seeing all these wonderful treats are doing to my appetite!

Yummo!

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    4 years ago

I have to say that I received one of those kitty litter cakes (through the mail, no less) for my birthday. I was appalled and threw the whole thing, litter box and all, into the trash. It was the most unappetizing thing I've ever seen.

These were some delicious chocolate cupcakes I got for my birthday from my friends up at the farm. So sweet of them. Literally. :)

• Lars
    4 years ago

I read the title wrong - I thought it was National Chocolate Day instead of National Chocolate Cake Day. Here's a chocolate cake!

• blfenton
    4 years ago

Jim - Could that be Florence? We went sand duning there one summer and it is indeed very cool.

• glenda_al
    4 years ago

Birthday cake for my 80th, last summer! Half of it was chocolate and the other white cake. I had slices from both sides :o)

+

• nhbaskets
    4 years ago

This is a cake I had made for a friend from Ohio that rode his bike cross country last summer. His wife joined us in NH for the end of ride and we hosted a wonderful lobster feed for them. ETA: the cake was German chocolate his favorite

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    4 years ago

It's not completely unusual to take the curve too fast, but it's the first time in years someone hit a car. It's typically a hit and run, but only for the"sleeping policemen", but this time, it also involved a vehicle. Met some neighbors tonight. It was a hit and run again. It's my "job" (self-appointed) to get the license plate. And I did. Cops are on it

• joyfulguy
    4 years ago

What happened to your venturesome gene, murraysmom - sometimes trying a new thing offers some unexpected rewards and adds to our collection of experiences, knowledge and store of memories ...

... says ole joyful- who's never even seen a kitty litter cake: would it have much in common with a doggy litter cake, do ya figger?

ole joyful

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    4 years ago

Ole joyful, I'm glad you asked. I will let you be the judge of this. Remember that everything in that litter box is edible (well not the scoop) and might have been delicious in a different configuration. I just couldn't get past the poopiness of it! :)

Which would you have chosen? Especially having a cat in residence at the time?

Maybe I was being too sensitive about it, but I felt really bad that someone (a family member) would think this would be a welcome birthday gift. They were all the rage at the time but I never found them funny. Perhaps a session on the shrink's couch is in order?

• OklaMoni
    4 years ago

Murraysmom I am with you. I would have done the same!

Moni

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    4 years ago

Thanks, Moni. There was nothing appetizing about it. Also it had come via Fedex so it was pretty jumbled up though I don't think there was any "prettying" this up to look less horrid.

• HU-955941711
    4 years ago

and I'd take that cat to the vet, ASAP.

• sealavender
    4 years ago

We have an annual neighborhood block party/potluck around Halloween, and a few years ago, someone brought one of those kitty litter cakes. The tootsie rolls actually looked a bit more...authentic. Kids loved it. Ugh.

• joyfulguy
    4 years ago

Thanks for the pics, murraysmom ... the one in the box does look rather helter-skelter ... and the presence of the scoop (having been scrubbed, I assume) (or rinsed, at least) doesn't add to the landscape.

I'm wondering whether I'd be able to ignore the negatives enough to continue my desire to satisfy my "enjoyment" of cake.

Oh, yes - I neglected to ask ...

... did they manage to include some of the usual litter box aroma?

That'd almost certainly nix the deal in my eyes ... (well, nose, actually) ... I'm pretty well absolutely sure.

Hope you're enjoying your week - and finding some interesting and satisfying things to do.

ole joyfuelled ... also fuelled (sometimes) by (most kinds of) cake