SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_804304741

How to safely secure carpet stair treads

Z J
4 years ago

Hi,

I have an elderly dog who is having some trouble with slipping on the hardwood stairs (and a mother who's getting on towards elderly herself, who wouldn't mind some extra grip either) so I have ordered some carpet stair treads like the ones pictured. I will also be putting them on a second set of stairs that have stone tile tread surfaces.

I am trying to figure out what the most appropriate double sided tape is for securing the carpet treads. Or if you have suggestions other than double sided tape, I'm open to hearing those too.

My priorities are, in order:

1) It works. Stair treads that slip would be worse than no stair treads at all, for everyone concerned.

2) It will not damage my stair surfaces. This is definitely secondary to "working," but if I can have my cake and eat it too, that's ideal.

3) Cost, as with any project. But I'd rather pay more for something that achieves the above objectives than get a "deal" on something that doesn't.

(Note that this is not my photo and these are not my stairs, though this is the product I ordered.)

Comment (1)