SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anncgavin

Advice for small full bath remodel in my 1967 rambler - Traditional

Ann
4 years ago

Some may think I'm crazy, but I'm tackling my 2nd bath remodel of 2020 (thank you Design Girl & other HOUZZers who contributed). This one serves as my personal bathroom, guest bath and powder room in my 1967 rambler. My style is traditional. My budget is $10,000 - $15,000 and I've got subs lined up. Here we go!

The bath is 57" wide + the shower/tub alcove and just short of 9 ft long. I love the current wallpaper but I'm removing the wall tile. The tile is original to the home and while I love the floor tile, it's old. The vanity was built about 15 years ago and the granite counter installed 6 years ago. I'd consider re-using it and the granite if I could change out the doors to be more similar to the updated linen closet in the hall. But I don't want to thrown good money after bad either. I like the black and white theme and want to use that again. I love white subway tile and would like to use it behind the tub with a design in the middle (no niche). We'd like a deeper soaking tub (acrylic). Plan to remove the false ceiling over the tub. What bothers me? When standing at the kitchen island, I have a view of the end of my toilet at the other end of the house. Is it worth changing the vanity and adding a knee wall to hide it and is the room even wide enough to do so? The vanity style of door not matching the adjoining linen closet drawers/doors also bothers me. I'll be planning the remodel in February and March with the goal of scheduling the work in April. Thank you for following along and offering your advice!

Comments (87)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!