SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomanychoices_kt

Help for a small master bath

toomanychoices
12 years ago

Hi All,

I spent a lot of time on this forum several years ago when I did a kitchen and bath renovation. Y'all provided a lot of great advice so I'm turning to you again.

Due to a likely shower pan leak, our time line for an eventual master bath renovation has been greatly accelerated. Thankfully I'll done this before so it's not nearly as daunting. It's a small bath--8' x 4', but the current size and layout works for us. Plus, I still have the pictures of baths we liked from the first time around and my inspiration bath is linked below. However, I do have a few questions and would appreciated any thoughts you have.

1. Any recommendations for toilets? I'm remembering all the Toto love from several years ago and was wondering if there is a particular model you recommend more than others.

2. In terms of sinks are there any brands that are particularly good for small spaces? We're leaning towards a vanity, possibly a wall mounted one, so we can maximize the storage space in the bath.

3. Our house is a 1950s ranch so the current bath is completely tiled. Our options are to tile just the shower or to tile the entire bathroom again. Which way would you lean?

4. We're going to go the thermostatic route with the shower. Are there particular brands that are better or are they pretty comparable?

I'm sure I'll wind up with more questions, but this is a good start.

Here is a link that might be useful: Inspiration bath

Comments (7)