Kindle reading question

seagrass_gw

I have purchased quite a few hard-backed books from Amazon that I want to have in my physical library. Since I own them (and paid more than the Kindle version) is there a way to put them on my new Paperwhite to read on our trip without lugging them along?? I'm also a prime member.

SaveComment9Like
Comments (9)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I personally am not aware of that possibility. But I am definitely not certain.

Save     Thanked by seagrass_gw
seagrass_gw

Thanks for your research, raven. Guess I'll have to enjoy them as they were meant to be!! I have pain in my hands. My husband bought me a first generation Kindle when I was traveling with him on business, before that I would go to charity shops and buy ratty paperbacks for .50 or so. I didn't have my own laptop then. We worked in Europe, so our checked bags (2) could weigh 50 lbs. each. I took loads of paperbacks and just left them behind. More room for ceramics, food and kitchenware on the way home!!

Save    
aok27502

Are they available from the library? I use the Overdrive app to borrow. They come through Amazon. Ours are loaned for three weeks, but if you had internet access, you could borrow mid-trip if necessary.

1 Like Save     Thanked by seagrass_gw
lulu bella

So many books are available from the library (kindle). Also, amazon does have many books for free as well.

terilyn

Sign up for Book Bub emails, they will send you offers every day for free or really cheap books.

1 Like Save     Thanked by seagrass_gw
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I get Book Bub and Book Gorilla emails daily. They provide a list of free and discounted books in your preferred category. Plus you can go to Amazon and search for free Kindle books.

Mystical Manns

Also check in on Amazon, they frequently put older books on sale. It might gall you to pay another fee for a book you already own, but if it's down to $2.99 or something it could be worth it. I did that with a series I owned in paperback, and eventually was able to have the whole thing in my Kindle.

salonva

I am a very big fan of kindle, and 99% of the time I have been able to get what I want from the library (sometimes on a wait list - not immediately). In addition to what has been suggested here, for old books, more like many classics, there is a site gutenberg.org which shares for free. These are books that are no longer protected by copylaw - I read a great one- Three Men on a Boat by Jerome K Jerome for example. Lots of them are FREE.

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Organizing Can’t Figure Out What ‘Sparks Joy’? Try This Question Instead
If you can’t decide whether to keep something or let it go, shift your perspective to find the answer
Full Story
Today's Question: TV Fireplace Dilemma
Should the TV Go Above the Fireplace — or Not? Have Your Say!
Full Story
Fun Houzz A Quiz for Architects in Question
Should you trade in your T-square for a barista tray? Answer a few simple questions to find out
Full Story
We design functional homes for busy professionals who crave space to disconnect from their routine & unwind. Our... Read More
Precision Home Solutions specializes in remodeled bath and kitchens, finished basements/bars. We keep your budget... Read More