SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tenisha_y_evans

Modernizing my 90s kitchen

New Home
4 years ago

My Husband and I went back and forth on what to do with our mismatched home. Either change the grey paint throughout the house or change the warm colors in the kitchen. Although it's the more expensive choice, we opted to go with the latter since our furniture is modern and grey.

So without spending an arm and a leg we are wondering what is the mininum we can do to make the kitchen more modern. The cabinetry is in really good condition so we are going to paint them white. We also purchased polished nickel cabinet hardware pulls and a polished nickel chandelier and pendants. We are thinking to change the backsplash matte white subway tile with grey grout to try to match the countertops. The countertops are very busy and have a ton of warm colors running through them, but they also have a nice amount of grey, black, and white. We're hoping the lighting and hardware will pull out the greys and whites and minimize the golds and browns. We are also debating onnif we should keep the built in custom appliances or get new appliances. The current appliances work and are in hood condition but are a bit dated since they've been there since about 2009. The big range hood also looks a bit dated with the little decorative ornament on the front.

Any suggestions or ideas would be great!

Comments (10)