SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_dickman

New 48” Wolf Range convection doesn’t work properly

Wayfinder
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

And Wolf won’t stand behind their product.

I installed a new 48” wolf range in a remodel for a home we are living while we build. Since installation, the convection would burn veggies being roasted on the convection setting and the Convection roast literally was perfect on one side and no browning on the other. I even too a picture.

I’ve had the techs out here four times and finally a senior tech came yesterday. he used his diagnostic tools and told me that everything according to the diagnostic tools was working the way it is supposed to.

One of the earlier techs said he had seen this in the past and the way that they tested it in the real world was to put a cookie sheet with biscuits and let them cook on convection mode. Right in front of his eyes my biscuits in five minutes we are a very dark brown along the backside and were only slightly browned on the front. I told him that I don’t eat these kind of biscuits and that if he wanted to take them home he could, so he turned the pan around so that the biscuits would brown on the other side.

When I cook now, I have to babysit the range and turn the roasting pans and the roasted vegetables even using a spatula to move them around so that they cook evenly.

I got a call from subzero that evening telling me that the tech had reported that the range was working as designed. I asked if he had even put in his notes the baking test with the biscuits. Nope.

I’m glad this happened because I was going to put the entire line of subzero and Wolf appliances in my new house.

I think I’m going Miele in the new house. I will never buy another Wolf.

A friend told me that he had heard about this problem years ago and wondered if I was sold a range that was not a current model. I have no idea how to check myself.

Anyway, had to put this out there. And, i’d love to know if any other new owners have experienced this.

Comments (4)