SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_917864103

Paint bathroom bead board in trim or coordinating wall paint color?

Donna Armstrong
4 years ago

In our master bath, we are painting the cabinets Functional Gray with trim color in Extra White and walls painted Big Chill (all SW paint colors). Our counters are Cashmere Carrara quartz by MSI - white with subtle light gray veining. The flooring is a light gray marble like large porcelain tile. I'd like some advice on what color to paint the custom mirror frame above the vanities as well as the one wall that has bead board about 1/3 the way up. The bead board wall has 2 windows that meet where the bead board starts and a white free standing tub sits right in front of it. I was thinking of painting the custom mirror frames the same color as the cabinets - Functional Gray. Should I also paint the bead board Functional Gray or should it match the white trim color? The wall above the bead board will be Big Chill which is a light gray. I was thinking the white free standing tub would pop against the Functional Gray color of the bead board. Then I realized there is a baseboard at the bottom of the bead board and I am not sure about whether that should be white to match the rest of the base boards and trim of the room. It would look weird to have that base board a different color than the rest of the room. Would love opinions about what color to paint the custom mirror frames and what color to paint the bead board and baseboard below it. Thanks!

Comments (2)