SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seosmp

Master Bathroom remodel - looking for layout help

seosmp
4 years ago

Hi,

I am planning to remodel my master bathroom sometime this year and need to work out a good layout. It's the original 1998 bathroom. Everyone is so helpful on these forums, I am excited to see what feedback I get! :)

I intend to gut and replace everything (well, not me, but someone else will do it :).

The main goal is to get rid of the huge soaking tub that we never use and replace it with a smaller drop-in (or freestanding) and enlarge the shower.

I'm attaching the current layout - I did my best with Powerpoint and graphpaper background but I'm sure it's not perfect - apologies ahead of time.

I'm also attaching probably the easiest change to the bathtub/shower layout, but I am not sure how these changes would look.

I will post pictures as soon as I can as I need to either find some or de-clutter and quickly take some.

There are 2 windows in the corner - equidistance from the corner. They must stay. Bathroom door must stay but watercloset could change - although I think it's in a good spot now. Also I cannot expand the overall bathroom size (honestly it's big enough anyway).

EXISTING:

OPTION 1:

[I'm sure I can find some Houzz inspiration pics too - some kind of stained double vanity, 12x24" marble look porcelain tiles for shower, maybe floor, hex shower floor tiles. Some kind of marble-look counter. Need good vanity cabinet layout for some storage. Once I figure out the bathtub/shower change.

Thank you in advance!

Comments (26)