SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Did you ever find a big OH NO!! after you built or remodeled a house?

Oakley
4 years ago

...and didn't discover the OH NO until weeks later? Strange enough I'm the only one who's ever noticed the blunders and I have a habit of pointing them out if someone new visits, and they always tell me they never would have known had I not told them.

Months after we did a major remodel and added a room, I was in the DR dusting a picture on the wall. Something looked off and when I backed up I noticed a sheet of wallpaper was hung upside down! I have extra wallpaper and can easily fix it but I keep forgetting about it. lol

Now this one is solely the fault of my husband. When the tile guy was finishing the backsplash in the kitchen, at the very edge of the wall which is now hidden by tiers that hang down, is a jagged edge which is noticeable if you look directly at it. The guy showed my husband and dh said it was okay. OKAY?? Are you kidding me?? I didn't notice that until a week or so later, but still...I know it's there. I also have extra tile and could do something with it, but I forget.

Surely some of you have found something similar?

Comments (22)