SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gthigpen

My Waterworks Architechtonics backsplash

gthigpen
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I thought I'd post my finally finished backsplash. The cabinets still need the molding on top, but otherwise I'm calling this kitchen done!

I spent the better part of a year collecting samples of tiles. I wanted something different, but not too different. I wanted a hint of blue but not too blue. I wanted color variation but not too much color variation. You see my problem??

I had samples on my countertops for months. I would stare at them, move them around, switch them out, show pictures to my friends, buy more tiles, etc until finally my DH said just pick something already!! :)

So thanks to very helpful feedback from this forum and others, I bit the bullet and ordered Waterworks Architechtonics hand pressed glossy tile in Dove layed in a Flemish Bond pattern. It's listed as a V5 color variation and once on the wall I can see subtle differences in color. When pulling it out of the boxes I was convinced it was all the exact same color, but I was so happy when seeing it up I could see differences. Not many people on this forum use Waterworks so I wanted to show a pic in case anyone was looking. The company was great to work with and the tile itself is top quality. It's definitely handmade as each tile had slight differences in size, shape and thickness so it was challenging to install and keep things centered, straight and level. There are a few spots we are calling 'character.' ;)

The Flemish Bond pattern is a running bond with alternating 3x6" and 3x3" sizes. I really like it as it adds a bit more interest in the layout.

The grout color is Mapai 'Warm Gray'.

Some pics taken at night with lights on and some pics during the day with no lights. I hope this helps people visualize Waterworks tile installed.

Nighttime, overhead lights, no undercabinet lights.

Daytime, no lights

Nightime, overhead and undercabinet lights

Close up under range with undercabinet lights on

Daytime, no lights, wine/hutch area

Window wall. This wall took forever to tile. We are going to put a small piece of wood right under the window sill because the 'sliver' for tile was just too small and would have looked bad.

Comments (16)