SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olympia776

Cabinet paint and backsplash help to go with white macaubus

olympia776
10 years ago

Hi all,

Our kitchen remodel is beginning to wind down and I need some help with colors please!

We've just installed white macaubus counter tops and natural rift and quarter sawn red oak floors (1.5in to match the 1939 original floors).

I'm a little uncertain about wall color but it'll likely end up being SW Luminous White aka High Reflective White which is amost identical to BM base white untinted. It's a soft but bright white.

I think I'd like to stick with the same for the cabinets but will be using cabinet coat. I think I simulated it pretty well by mixing 20% simply white, 20% super white with 60% cabinet coat. I'll have it matched when I purchase the paint. I'd like a monochromatic white look and like a semi-classic but beachy kind of look. I've tried Super White which reads as too cool for me, Simply White which I find to be a little peachy as well as SW Alabaster which looks to be beigy to me and SW Extra White which seems to be a good match for the BM Super White. My concerns are that I don't want the space too cool so that it reads as clinical. I don't want it too warm where it seems to contrast too much with the gray of the countertop. I do want it to read as being finished and deliberate though and I'm concerned about it being too bright/stark when it's finished. I'd be really happy for any thoughts and guidance.

For the backsplash I'm kind of chasing after a paint color that I'm not entirely sure of just yet. I went out this weekend and gathered samples - I'm really just looking for white subway and I'm learning it's as confusing as white paint! I've got samples from Ann Sacks - paperwhite reads as too gray for me, Waterworks which reads as too beige for me, Daltile Artctic White which I think is a bit too cool for me, and Lowes $.22 which might be the closest but still a little pinch yellow/red. Any suggestions for where to go now on the hunt? Should I have looked at Daltile White 100 or 101? What about American Olean? I've gone overboard on a few of the details so $4/sf sounds nice but if Subway Ceramics is worth it I can look there too. So, I'd be happy to hear any suggestions for a slightly warm or soft white.

Thanks so much for your help! I'm not having the best luck taking photos but I'll post some once we get finished. This place has been an amazing resource! Thanks to all.

Comments (2)