SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucillle

Lagniappe story

lucillle
4 years ago

I love little lagniappes when I buy something. A few cake doughnut holes when I buy doughnuts. A couple of extra daylilies back when I would order those. I think some of the mass produced goods from overseas sometimes come with a little something, a paper flower or the like.

Recently, I got an awful (I'm sure not intentionally awful) lagniappe, when I bought a used bike from a used bike company on Ebay. Many times bikes are sold without pedals, as was the bike I had just bought. When I inquired whether I could buy a pair from them, they said they would throw in a free pair as a gift. I was pleased, just because it was a nice offer.

The bike arrived, it is fine. I opened the included gift package of pedals, and they not only were filthy muddy, but they were both right pedals! I let them know, and they are going to sent another set out, but I was a bit upset at what they had sent even though it was free.

I guess the moral of the story is to take the time, when you are a seller, to do a quick quality check before sending something out to a customer. Everything from packing materials to lagniappes combine to give your customer his or her first impression of your company.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert