SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

Tablecloths,Napkins and Rings, oh my

kathleen_li
17 years ago

1. Someone mentioned tablecloths to the floor. Does anyone do that? I don't have any that would fit my tables to do that, other than the rounds for the decorator tables.

2 Any unusual tablecloths?? I have used curtain panels and scarves for long narrow tables, and I have a bunch of TWIN BED CANOPIES that are great for rect tables. Some of them are white organza so I can use a color underneath. The others are pale blue and lav stripe. Because they are canopies they have ruffled edges. I got them yrs ago in a fabric/curtain store, VERY cheap, and they have been used dozens of times.

1. Napkins..Bandanas, white face cloths with the team colors fabric painted, for a tailgate party, very handy to wipe hands after fried chicken etc.

4. Rings...I have shells from Casey Key in Fl a friend got on the beach. They have a natural space for the napkin and are so pretty. I have a set of white mini watering cans, cute for spring and summer, and I have made fall rings by hotglueing mini scarecrows to a set of porcelain butterfly rings I have. You just take a hair dryer to get them off if you want to remove the scarecrow. Brass Christmas trees, silver rings and little fishies.

Now this should keep us busy, let's hear it. I know, sheets, quilts, blankets, anything else?

Comments (78)

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bebe,
    I love that manequin story! I agree about plopping a tin pan in the middle of my buffet. I don't think anyone minded your "out there" ideas, I love them. I think Gertie was a wonderful way to welcome your guests and set the tone for a really fun evening.
    I feel most people don't like to take the time to do imaginative things, and appreciate when someone does it for them. Once I did a fall dinner and I had those silk like leaves scattered across the table. One man asked if I had left the door open and the leaves blew in? Very funny...I thought it looked festive! His wife is not one to waste time on decorating the table.Thinks I am over the top. She should see Judith's tables!!!!

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Bebe, I love the mannequin story also. I would love to have one in my coming dining room and will have to check into that. And I hate when someone puts a tin pan or ugly dish on my serving table.

Kathleen_li, I won't comment on the man who asked if leaves had blown in. I will say that I have a friend who's husband is the same way and I always feel so sorry for her when she tries to do something like that.

• Related Discussions

Rabbits and Hares and Chicks, Oh My!

Q

Comments (13)
    Candy... my brain must have been 'Out To Lunch'..I don't know how I missed this table. You always set such great tables with such fabulous finds. Like everyone else - I love your CP and all your cute bunnies and chicks. Your candlesticks always look so impressive w/ea setting. The placemats with the embroidered detailing are lovely and compliment your place settings perfectly and to top it all off, all those cute bunnies and chicks make this such a fun table. jane
    ...See More

Apple slab pie (and muffins and fritters, oh my)

Q

Comments (26)
    Trudy, the beauty of only a bottom crust is that if it looks ugly or tears or whatever, you patch it and cover it with apples. If you want a top crust and it doesn't go well, just cut circles or diamonds or strips or little apples or whatever and put them on top and pretend you meant to do that! Those tiny cookie cutters are finally good for something, LOL. mare, thank you. It did taste as good as it looks and didn't last as long as I thought it would. (grin) I did post the recipe for Trudy on another thread but I'd be happy to post it again. I made it from this recipe, but skipped the top crust and instead of the powdered sugar/milk glaze made a maple glaze from powdered sugar, maple syrup and some maple extract (to taste). I also left out the cornflakes as I didn't have any and usually don't have any. It's good with or without them. The extra crust makes a second slab, or a top crust, your choice. It keeps for a couple of days in the fridge. Mine became a second apple "slab" as the first one was so good. The original recipe, I think, came from Midwest Living. Apple Slab 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 1 cup shortening 1 egg yolk Milk 1 cup cornflakes 8 -10 tart cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced (8 cups) 3/4-1 cup granulated sugar 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 egg white, lightly beaten 1 cup powdered sugar 3 -4 teaspoons milk In a large bowl combine flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a liquid measuring cup, beat egg yolk lightly. Add enough milk to make 2/3 cup liquid. Stir well to combine. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture with a fork until combined (dough will be slightly sticky). Divide mixture in half. On a well-floured surface, roll half of the dough to a 17x12-inch rectangle. Fold dough crosswise into thirds. Transfer to a 15x10x1-inch baking pan and unfold dough, pressing to fit into the bottom and sides of the pan. Sprinkle with cornflakes. Top evenly with apples. In a small bowl combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture over apples. Roll remaining dough to a 15x10-inch rectangle. Fold dough crosswise into thirds. Place atop apples and unfold dough. Crimp edges or use the tines of a fork to seal. Cut slits in the top. Brush top with beaten egg white. Bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 50 minutes or until golden and apples are tender, covering with foil after the first 25 minutes of baking time to prevent overbrowning. In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and 2 to 3 teaspoons milk to make a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm bars. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 32 bars. Annie
    ...See More

Oh my do I or don't I

Q

Comments (11)
    There definitly ain't no choice!!! GET IT!!! RIGHT NOW!!!! Suffer the consequences later!!! Be bad like Jane...must have...(insert drooling)Whatever you pay under 300 is worth it cuz saws are that much, the rest would be a bonus! Merry Christmas to you! Happy Birthday to you!
    ...See More

Oh my...I'm in a dither

Q

Comments (4)
    Il n'y a pas de quoi, seule Linda. You're welcome ... or, not a big deal ... (or does one dare say, after the recent discussion, "No problem")? o j
    ...See More
  • luvstocraft
    17 years ago

My DH always "acts" like I'm too fussy about doing centerpieces and using cloth napkins--but I think he actually likes it! I know when my DIL compliments something, he always teases that "it was his idea". LOL

Kathleen, I love using those fall leaves, they add such nice color to the table--let's hope he was just trying to be funny! ;o)

Luvs

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

I tried the bunny fold and got to step #4 before I realized it just isn't going to work with a square napkin. The directions I was going by does not say you need a rectangular napkin, but the site below starts off in step #1 saying "Fold napkin in fourths, length-wise". (The site Kathleen_li sent us has better pictures for making the bunny fold than the one I found)

http://www.millikentablelinen.com/TblLinen/TblLinen.nsf/page/cs_nap_bunny.html

I tried with a rectangular dish towel and got it almost there, but the dishtowel is just too thick to keep folding after step #10 so I had to hold it together with my hands and it does look like a bunny.

Before Easter I think I'll look for some cute fabric to make some rectangular napkins and try the bunny fold with that. Just remember, the fabric needs to be THIN.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I didn't realize you have to have rect napkins...I don't think I have any of those. I must go back to the site and look. I know I have seen antigue linen hand towels used as napkins, but I haven't seen any rect napkins for sale. Anyone?
    I bought some of those handtowels at a flea mart, I will see if I can find them to try.

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Kathleen_li, Go to the site I posted and see don't you think those napkins are rectangles. I don't see how you could make the bunny fold with a square. And I've never seen rect napkins either. Maybe that's why the bunny fold seems to be so hard? Oh besides thin fabric, I should have also added it needs to be kind of stiff.

• judithva
    17 years ago

Still playing around with settings trying to decide.
    Black velvet napkin ring from Target about 2 years ago.
    Walmart silk heart, as you all have seen before, I would add some tiny satin blk ribbon to the heart.
    The black small plate the heart is sitting on is from Walmart
    The red cut glass plates (Walmarts and Target around Xmas time)

There are still other major pieces missing from this design, but this is just an example of a Black and Red "design".

The "look" you see in the back ground behind this featured set, was going to revolve around my clear cut crystal dishes, but, I can't find my cut crystal dishes anywhere Arghhhhhhh

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Judith, that is so pretty and romantic. I wouldn't have thought to bring black in, good idea.
    I forgot to say that at the Pot Barn outlet, they had bags of glass xxx and ooo's. They showed them scattered in the table setting. They were a dollar fifty a bag, sale, and I wonder if they will be ok to use if I am going for a more formal look? I figured I could also use them to play tic tac toe with my grand dau after Val Day!! I just thought they may look pretty and pick up the light as they are glass.
    I was able to get the Carolyne Roehm book from my library and they are getting the others they don't have from other libs. I am looking fwd to seeing them. I also found that buying them and the Nell Hill books are a little cheaper on Overstock. com, and if you link through mrrebates.com, you can get a %age back. I have done the mrrebates thing for years, no cost, and after you accum a certain amt they said you a check. They are linked with many sources of goodies! I know there are other sites that do that too, but that is the one I have used. The ship on Overstock is 1.40 for all media, no minimum, and they have a nice selction, maybe not as good as Amazon, I don't know.
    Maybe we should start a new topic, Bargain Hunting...I would love that!

• tamgypsy
    17 years ago

Judith...
    very pretty setting...it looks elegant and the napkin ring gives it that 'black tie affair' feel..:)
    I am sorry you still can't find your cut crystal dishes..:( you must have stored them in a very safe place...when I can't find something it is usually because I decided the itme needed to go to a specially safe place and then I can't remember where that safe place is...LOL
    I also love the centerpiece...very pretty...did you put that together?...oh btw...I emailed you today did you get it?...

luvs... I also emailed you the other day and don't know if you received that either...my email client is being ...difficult...

kathleen...I never tried any of those rebate thing...I should because I shop quite a bit online...I need to look into this...

• tamgypsy
    17 years ago

oops...Judith...just got your email...thanks...:)

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Tam, if you buy on line, it is worth it to do it. I figure the money they send me back I can use to buy more "things". Check it out.

• tamgypsy
    17 years ago

hmmm..in addition to the broth I may be able to get a hot dog if they send me a check...LOL

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Or at least some crackers for the broth!LOL
    The money adds up Sometimes it is free shipping and a per cent into your acct. After you reg, just remember to go to mr.rebates first, and link through, They autom keep track, I think when you get to 30 dollars in rebates you can have then send a check.
    It really adds up before Christmas when buying gifts on line. Then you can use the rebate to help pay the credit card off!
    So I am not a decorator, but I am a driven bargain hunter!
    Have you ever heard of restaurants.com??? Check to see if there are any places you go to in your area, and if there are don't buy till I share a tip with you. There are sev in our area that we use and I have given many as a "lagniappe" in a card. (Sandi used that word and I had to go look it up, and I taught school for 33 yrs!! Who says we aren't learning!LOL, thanks Sandi!)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Judith, I wouldn't have thought about black & red either, but it certainly does look "sophisticated". Very nice. I see more of your pretty colored glasses there too. Sure hope you find where your crystal plates are stored. Hate it when I do that to myself.

Tam, I went to my local Tuesday Mornings. No ceramic bunnies--darn! I did see some of the green bunny and cabbage plates there--higher priced than Marshall's or Homegoods. Yes, I got your emai just fine. Don't you hate it when the computer acts up? Arrgh!

Kathleen, hope you weren't an English teacher. My spelling and grammar would probably drive you up the wall if you were! Sorry.

Kathleen, I am very interested in the rebate thing so I can tell my DIL about it. You sign up with mrrebates.com first, then log on to them before you go shop at Amazon or whereever? Is that what you were saying? She shops online allot and might as well get the benefits of that. Thanks for sharing.

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Luvs, nothing drives me up the wall, Im RETIRED!
    Yes, you go to mr.rebates.com and enroll. Check to see if they have the places you buy from, they have a lot, Target, lots...
    Then whenever you are going to shop online go to mr. r and link to where you want to shop. I know it works, I have rec'd checks from them.
    And you are welcome!!!
    I will post the nest on the other thread. I rec you and PF and some others from the crafts board, so I knew you would have great ideas.

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

I posted a message over an hour ago and it's not here. Judith, I love your black and red. Like Luvs said, it is very sophisticated. I know how you feel about putting stuff away and not remembering where you put it. I do it to myself also.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Sandi, you sure do know, don't you? Did you just give up on the rest of your Valentine's decos for this year? Or does the hunt continue? These forums are doing better--some of the time. My computer seemed really slow this morning when I was trying to post my pics, and Photobucket had a message that they were experiencing problems too.

Kathleen, me too! I'm loving being retired--no more long hours, no irate or weird customers,no more stress, no more deadlines, no more computer conversions, no goals or totals to worry about except my own--love it. Thanks for the mr.rebates.com info, I'll let my DIL know about it too.

I'm going to look for the nest post.

Luvs

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Luvs, I gave up on finding my Valentine decos for this year. It seems like everytime DH or DS had the time it was too cold. I'm going to the Christmas store Saturday night so I'll buy a couple of ornaments for my white tree. I don't know yet what holiday I will buy for though. I'm thinking Easter. ;~)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Today, I stopped in at Target for a few minutes--had to browse their dollar area on the way to the register. They had some St. Patricks hair clips that were cute and some baby hairbands that were green and white with a cute bow on them. I studied them for a bit, and the light bulb came on in my head. They could be perfect for napkin rings for St. Pat's. I'll post a pic when I do my table for that holiday. See Judith, we do pay attention when you say to "think outside the box". Luvs

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Luvs, I bet your little hair items will be so cute for St Paddy's Day. I can't wait to see how you use them. Smart thinking! DH didn't understand why I was looking for little girls' beaded bracelets the other day and when I told him napkin rings he just shook his head and walked off. Poor man! LOL

• judithva
    17 years ago

luvs, good for you! I end up in the strangest places too sometimes looking for the unique. I will often go down the childrens aisle at the Dollor store, sometimes you can find good table decor stuff...

Some men's handkerchiefs look really nice as table napkins, especially some of the boxed sets they have during the holidays in the Men's section of stores.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Judith, you have really inspired me to "open my eyes" to the possibilities. I find that the tablescapes I enjoy most are the ones where I say "I would never have thought to do that!) It just adds that element of fun, doesn't it?

Sandi, I can just "see" your DH shaking his head! Ha ha Our men are going to think we have lost it, aren't they? Especially, when we are trying to use non conventional items for our tablesettings. Hey, wouldn't it be fun to do a "tool" table setting for Father's Day? Wow! We could use real tools or toy ones as part of the centerpiece and use large washers for napkin rings. Or if your hubby is a plumber or gardener, you could use pvc or copper pipes laid out in a design of some sort. Mine is a RR engineer, so I could set up a small train set or use a lantern and engineer's hat--oh, the possibilities! My brain is spining--I better write some of this down or I will forget! Bet it would sure impress the guys. ;o)

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Luvs, that is a great idea doing a railroad theme for your husband!! Those red or blue bandanas for napkins .I saw a post on another forum with a pic of a train cake someone made. It was from the WmSonoma catalog, and it was adorable. It is one pan, but had all different parts of the train. They showed how to dec it with candy, using licorice as the track. Your grandkids would love it too.
    When I was in the WM SOnoma outlet yesterday, I looked for it, but it hasn't made it there yet. I will keep my eyes open for it.
    Sandi has been tutoring me on how to post a pic, and PaintingFool posted directions on the Trash to Treas forum. I feel so out of it not being able to do it!!!!I can get it into an email, but not to here!

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Luvs, I love your idea of doing a railroad theme for your Father's Day table. If you didn't have room for the whole train you could use a few of the cars, and of course, the engine. And a lantern and hat. That will be so original. And like Kathleen said, the bandanas would make perfect napkins. And I bet you can find a napkin fold that looks kind of like a engineer's hat.

Mine is an interior trim carpenter. I can see just what to do for him. Thanks for the wonderful ideas.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

And keep your eyes open for some of that blue and white striped denim like the overalls to use as a tablecloth.
    If you go to www.wmsonoma.com and click on specialty bakeware you can find the pan. If you go to homeentertainment.com, then to interior desgin forum, you will see a post about the pan and a picture of how it looks completed.

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Kathleen_li, That's a good idea about the blue and white ticking for the tablecloth. What cha got for an interior trim carpenter?

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

RULERS, rulers and rulers, !!! I will try to "nail" that idea down, give me some time, "awl" right???

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Kathleen_li, ROFLMAO That's a good one!

DH had to come up with a new formula for some windows one of the builders is using now. I can't explain because I know nothing about it, but he drove me and a friend of his crazy trying to discuss it with us. I've decided what ever I do will include a small window. I told him the other day that I was so happy he finally worked his windows problem out so he wouldn't talk about it anymore and that started it all again. LOL He's just so proud of himself! (Well, I'm proud of him too)

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sandi, windows, that's a hard one, but I will "look into it." Very corny, I know. I am a real pain in the glass....
    Something with those little square craft mirrors , then make them into a window by making the panes. Luvs, Painting fool, any ideas from you crafty ladies. I am sure by June we will be able to come up with something!
    This is an after Easter project to think about.

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Kathleen, you're a 'crack' up........;o)

Luvs and Katheen, I love retirement too!! I can sit on the computer all day if I want!LOL And in my jammies! Who else is retired? Karen? PF? We know Judy still works, but is 'close'. LOL

Sandi, do you work? I thought I read on one of the threads that you're in your 40's~spring chicken, you!LOL

patty_cakes

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Kathleen_li, You are just too funny! LOL I can see I would have to really do some thinking to keep up with you.

Patty, I have worked in the past, but I'm not retired. I don't work at a paying job now, but I DO work! LOL

If anyone wants to think I'm a spring chicken that's fine with me! ;~)

• tamgypsy
    17 years ago

I want to be retired too......LOL
    But I have decades to go...LOL

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Kathleen, you are really good at coming up with those "puns"--you make me laugh. ;o) I will take a look at the sites you posted in a few minutes after I finish reading what you gals have been up to today.

Sandi, your DH is a finish carpenter???? Does that mean you get beautiful moldings and woodwork all over your house? That would be so great.

It is fun to think up "themed" tables isn't it? Good to think them up in advance too, so we can be ready. Love the blue ticking idea for tablecloth, and the bandanas for napkins. I'll have to collect some items to be ready for it when it rolls around. Thanks for the help.

Patty, yes PF is retired too--unless she decides to open that tea shop! Don't think Karen works outside the home because of her pain--not sure if she retired or not. It is so great--the part that amazes me is that all the shopping centers are full everyday--why aren't those people at work?? They can't all be retired like us! Ha ha

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Tam, it will come soon enough, I know not soon enough for you, esp getting up to go out to work on a day like today!I worked 33 yrs straight, in the same building. I thought I would miss it, but I don't. We sold our house and moved out east. It is beau and quiet, perhaps too quiet for some, but in the summer it is busy out here! Not many good stores close, and once you are retired you do have to cut down on the number of dishes you can buy!!!

Luvs, I love thinking up themes, it is easier than doing an elegant table! And like you say, you can be looking for goodies to use. I hope you will do the railroad theme for dh, it will be so much fun to plan, and of course we will all want to see the pics!

• tamgypsy
    17 years ago

I don't think when the time comes that I will miss working...I am on call 24/7..365 days out of the year...bad weather..snow, ice, wind means trouble in my line of work and I usually have to work many additional hours throughout the night and on weekends...I can't wait for the day when there will be enough hours in a day to do the things I like to do...I always feel I have to rush...I hate that...even on vacation I deal with work...and between that and my family...and taking care of my home..it is just non stop...ok..I am done complaining now...LOL...I will get there sooner or later...all of you deserve to enjoy retirement...you already paid your dues...:)

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Luvs, LOLOL Have you ever heard, "The cobbler's children had no children?"

Tamgypsy, Your job sounds very demanding and hectic. I know it can be rough taking care of a family and working. Enjoy your years now. You'll get to retirement before you know it. And here's a GOOD thing to be thankful for...when you reach retirement age...you reach OLDer age! ;~)

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Tam, I know what you mean, it is hard working, esp where you are always on call, and raising a family and fitting everything into a day.! That is why I think it is great you are taking the time to do such a nice table and have the family sit down as often as you can. I retired at 55, and I am still amazed I have time to do the things I want to. One thing though, you do get a lot more accomplished when you are working. And as Sandi said, when you get to retire you get to be OLDER too. Although you will lose some of those tension lines from being relaxed! I used to be up all night when it snowed worrying how I was going to get there on time...now I don't even listen, it is a blessing!

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Sandi--I think you meant they had no shoes, right? LOL Yeah, I've heard that from many wives who wish their husbands would use their talents at home when they are painters, or cabinet makers, or furniture builders, or lighting specialists, etc.

Tam, that is quite a job you've got! I sure hope they pay you lots for the sacrifice of your time. What in the world do you do that means you are on call 24/7? Are you a doctor maybe? We haven't talked about what all our jobs or careers were on here, have we?

I love being retired, but Kathleen is right--you do accomplish more when you are working--when you are retired it is really easy to procrastinate about doing things. Just doesn't seem like any reason to have to rush anymore! Yeah!

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    17 years ago

Ok Girls, I'll have to fess up about being 'retired' I guess. I've always said a "housewife doesn't get retirement". I didn't work... aside from raising 3 kids, and being very involved my dogs and showing them for over 30 yrs. My poor husband could have used a working wife at times, hard to make it on one salary, but bless his heart he managed somehow. He retired recently and is happily spending his days on the golf course. I'm still trying to show two of my whippets but my days are numbered for running around a show ring much longer. I only show locally now, can't travel. I really admire those of you who managed homes, kids, AND jobs. Something I couldn't do.

Karen

• judithva
    17 years ago

Ah, I have a long ways to retirement, due to being a military wife and all the moveing, you never get to build up retirement years in one job. It's one of the thankless rewards one gets when you aren't the active duty person. Sooooo, I have to work until I am 71 in order to retire with "full retirement"...I don't even like thinking about it. UGH.

Oh well, by the time I'm 71, I'm going to have a lot of dishes. LOLOLOL

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Luvs, I just replied to you on the wrong post! LOL I think I need some extra sleep. Yes, I meant SHOES! Thanks for correcting that for me. DH has his own agenda when it comes to what he wants to build at home and it is usually different than mine, but just let a friend ask! LOL

When you get ready or it gets closer to time please start a new post for Father's Day Tables. That will be fun to plan.

Purplemoon, I was a non working housewife for many more years than I worked. And I enjoyed it! The only thing I will miss about not getting to retire is no retirement pay. ;~) It's hard enough at times to raise children when you don't work so I have nothing but praise for women who do work and have children. And they have certainly earned their retirement.

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

I am retired also, at the early age of 57 after 28 years working on a Navy base. It was hard to do because you give up that salary but it was the most exciting thing I think I have ever done. After 7 months it is still hard to believe that I do not have to get up and go to work every morning. I remember being a stay at home mom for many years and it was hard. You have to be housekeeper, cook, chauffer (sp?), teacher, laundress, etc., etc., etc. But remember how you got paid??? With those big eyes filled with love and those sloppy kisses? And that was just from the hubby - LOL.

I worked at a daycare so I could have some spending money and have my kids with me and then after they started school I went to work full time. I have never liked being away from my children. I think there comes a time when you have to put everything on a scale - mine was - work at a job I was getting bored with and receive a very nice salary or on the other side, spend time with my husband, who is ten years my senior, and enjoy life while we can and see my grandkids more often. You guessed it, work did not stand a chance.

OK, I am talkative this morning, better start getting some work around the house done.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Shells from Fla used as napkin rings. First attempt at pic post!!!

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Obviously, failed!!!!!

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Trying again{{gwi:1411295}}

• judithva
    17 years ago

Yeah it worked, kathleen! You are in trouble now that we know that you can post pics! The shell is very nice as a napkin ring!
    We have the same dishes!

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, Judith, I was really feeling STUPID!!! Of course I won't remember the next time how to do it!
    I only have one of those dishes....it was a gift and I use it for cakes or cookies.
    Now I will have to take pics of my bunny you made me buy,LOL, and all my other treasures!! I will be clogging up this forum for sure!!

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Kathleen_li, Way to go, girl! I knew you could do it. I love your shell napkin rings. I didn't notice your plate before as I was so busy looking at the shell, but it is very pretty also.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Those are perfect shells for napkin rings. I've never seen any shaped like that. Do you just find them on the beach? Wow! The most fun I've ever had collecting shells was at Myrtle Beach. We stayed at a hotel with a deck right out to the beach--the tide would sometimes come in all the way up to the steps. When it went out, there were wonderful shells everywhere.

Kathleen, I am so glad you are able to post pics now. Can't wait to see more, no worries about clogging up the forum--we never tire of seeing pics. Show us all your treasures! ;o)

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes, Luvs, that is exactly how they are, just washed them. It is on a beach near Sarasota. She said once Jan comes they are gone as all the tourists come and find them,
    Can't beat the price!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions